UK source of code 55 rail

bigP

... at the moment the code 55 is to test the plausibility of handuilt code 55/PCB pointwork merged with Peco 55 flex on the straights..

That is what I do. Most recent attempt here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/117593-erstfeld-depot-a-swiss-n-gauge-diorama/&do=findComment&comment=2538200 although only the crossing has been modelled.

• RMweb Gold

Is all the listed rail flat bottom?

Yes. ME rail is US prototype and they never really did bullhead.

(it might be US prototype but ME rail is actually drawn in the UK, Sheffield to be precise.  I was pestering them when they were out of stock of 0n30 track and they were waiting for a delivery of rail from Sheffield)

Yes. ME rail is US prototype and they never really did bullhead.

(it might be US prototype but ME rail is actually drawn in the UK, Sheffield to be precise.  I was pestering them when they were out of stock of 0n30 track and they were waiting for a delivery of rail from Sheffield)

You'll be receiving an order from me shortly then! 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Ewerthon, I have used code 55 F/B steel rail I purchased from C&L  whilst it was under the previous management but I don't know if it's still available. I used it to build points and crossings in 18.83mm. gauge for a pals small industrial layout on copperclad sleepers. He constructed the plain track.  I do remember though that this rail had a dull sheen and was quite soft but for 4mm. light industrial trackwork it's just the job. I do believe a chap called Chris Nevard built a cracking little quayside layout some years ago in 'OO' gauge using code 55 F/B rail and it looked the business.