If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hey!

Wonderbolt

Hey Guys!

Ive been lurking on here for a while with the intention to join when my first Japanese N Gauge stock came so I can get started on my new layout and have some work to show.

Whist I have originally dabbled in OO Gauge 1930s UK (Southern and LNER) stuff I am now entering the N gauge world with plans to build a layout of four parts (Part one being very slightly off based modern day Akihabara, Part 2  Rural Kanto, Part 3 Mid 1980s  London and Part 4 Mid 1980s Sussex/Kent).

So hopefully soon I should be starting a new decent layout rather than just having my not so great OO double loop I have now.

Japanese  N  Gauge  then  lovely  stuff   I  have  been  buying  it  on  &  off  for  many  years,  Kato  N  Gauge  in my opinion  STILL the  best  running  N  Gauge available  and  good  prices  also.

For  Info  Traintrax,  currently  has  one  of  his  extra  discount  offers  running  5%  OFF  ORDERS  OVER   £50  & 10% OFF ORDERS  OVER  £100

traintrax.co.uk   I  have  no  connection  just  a satisfied  customer.

Thanks for the welcome =)

When I first ran my Kato emu I was amazed how great the running was (and the splendid price of just £72 for the four car unit).

Thanks for the recommendation, not looking at getting more stock at the moment until I am little further on, but Train Trax prices look good especially for a UK importer and not having to worry about the long wait/postage cost associated with buying direct from Japan.

Thanks for the welcome =)

When I first ran my Kato emu I was amazed how great the running was (and the splendid price of just £72 for the four car unit).

Thanks for the recommendation, not looking at getting more stock at the moment until I am little further on, but Train Trax prices look good especially for a UK importer and not having to worry about the long wait/postage cost associated with buying direct from Japan.

Agree   low  postage  usually   around  £4  and  if  order  is in  by 1-00pm   it  arrives  in 1  sometimes  2  days,  always  best  to  wait  for  the  extra  discount  deals  usually 4 times  a  year if  you  send  your  email address  you  will  recve  the  info,

How  is   St Helens these  days?  not  been  for  years,  I  used  to  work.    for  a   major manufacturer  whose  very  first factory  was  there  Brick building  now  a  museum I think, I did not  go there  very  often, but  there  was  a  Model shop in town centre, probably  no longer  there  now!

Agree   low  postage  usually   around  £4  and  if  order  is in  by 1-00pm   it  arrives  in 1  sometimes  2  days,  always  best  to  wait  for  the  extra  discount  deals  usually 4 times  a  year if  you  send  your  email address  you  will  recve  the  info,

How  is   St Helens these  days?  not  been  for  years,  I  used  to  work.    for  a   major manufacturer  whose  very  first factory  was  there  Brick building  now  a  museum I think, I did not  go there  very  often, but  there  was  a  Model shop in town centre, probably  no longer  there  now!

They have a good selection of DD51s so I may order one from them at one stage, plus its always good to support shops willing to stock non UK stock and show them the interest is there for the future.

St Helens is not really to great these days to be honest, its ok but nothing special, pretty much an average provincial town these days. Interesting, the only museums I can think of in the town centre are the Glass Museum or the Transport Museum (I think that may have been I bus depot) so more likely the world of Glass.

We have not had a model shop in the town centre for a long time, we didn't have any until a few years ago when Sawyers models opened up in Newton, plus Hattons new site is only 20 minutes away by car so we aren't to bad for model shops now compared to a few years back.

Archived