Bachmann Brass MK 1 coaches

jimbo

Hi All,

I have spotted a couple of Bachmann MK 1 coaches for sale unpainted . Can someone enlighten me ?

Do they have interior seats etc ?

Has anyone painted a bare brass Bachmann and how did they fare as I was considering having a go.

regards.

Jimbo

• RMweb Gold

Hi All,

I have spotted a couple of Bachmann MK 1 coaches for sale unpainted . Can someone enlighten me ?

Do they have interior seats etc ?

Has anyone painted a bare brass Bachmann and how did they fare as I was considering having a go.

regards.

Jimbo

Perhaps slightly off thread, but I do know where there are some nicely painted maroon liveried Bachmann Brass Mk1s going for sale, WITH interiors if anyones interested!  Not me, but I'll happily put you in touch via a PM, if its of interest.

Rich

A pal of mine had four. They were very nice, but had no glazing or interiors. They had buckeye couplers iirc, but they didn't couple, you had to engage them. The buffers were sprung.

Hth

Simon

Hi Simon,

Maybe a silly question but do roofs remove for adding interiors/glazing ?

regards.

Jim

Hi Simon,

regards.

Jim

Hello - I'm no expert as I'm just starting out collecting them myself but I believe you remove the small screws underneath the coach (along each side) and the whole coach body including roof lifts off in one piece allowing you to create/build/detail the interior. They are lovely coaches and the shape is correct. I think they are a fraction high (couple of mm??) so I might have a go at lowering mine at some point....one day.....

Hi Simon,

regards.

Jim

Hi Jim,

the short answer is no - all finishing work to the interior has to be done either from through the windows or from below. This makes painting and glazing to corridors very interesting indeed. The whole finishing process must be akin to putting ships in bottles. I have finished a couple of the GWR Collett coaches and a Mk 1 BG and the BG was much easier to do!

post-6951-0-10551300-1486151054.jpg

post-6951-0-17743500-1486151055.jpg

post-6951-0-55162800-1486151095.jpg

post-6951-0-18731300-1486151096.jpg

post-6951-0-64526700-1486151096.jpg

cheers

Mike

The Colletts were totally daft! The bloke who passed them for production has never tried to fit and interior of glazing. From memory, I had no such problems with a couple of BR Mk.I corridor coaches i sprayed and lined when they first came out. There were about 22 small screws to remove from the floor then the body with roof lifted off. I seem to recall bogies were Commonwealth.

Archived