From Glasgow to the Sea

Module00

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all, 

Here are the latest videos from the network but also from the MiniWorld in Lyon (France) that I visited a few days ago. 

I like precise models, but I also appreciate the Hornby RailRoad series locomotives for their simplicity and low price.

Edited by Module00
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Good evening,
I uploaded a second video this weekend. It features the new class 37 from Bachmann, a new Scottish one! This is the 37260 “Radio Highland” in DCC Sound Deluxe version. 😃

Happy evening and good watching. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

At the start of autumn, activity is dense on the layout. 😃

I never tire of listening to the sound of the class 37's engine, which is wonderfully reproduced, too bad it's not the same for the sounds of the horns and braking. 🙁

Good video at all. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour Alain,

Always nice to watch your videos, thanks for posting them!

I have many of those Scottish machines in my fleet now too! I still can't quite make up my mind whether I prefer Bachmann or Accurascale's class 37 sounds. I like them both but in different ways, I think. 

Happy modelling!

David

Hello my friend,

Thanks for the compliment on the videos.

Regarding the 37, I think I prefer the Bachmann and not only for sound. The two Accurascales I own are very good but even though the engine sound is top, the horns and braking are simply low level. The Accuratrash speaker is really fantastic, I put a Loksound V4 SWD on it for a test, the result was incredible.

Have a good afternoon David. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Nice video Alain. A minor technical point that you might want to consider is for your 1980's era of liveries I do not think you need a brake van on most of your freight trains. If the wagons are all braked, by the 1980's no brake van was usually required with the Guard normally travelling in the rear cab of the loco. Others will no doubt be able add to this and explain the situation in more detail.

On WHL4 I only have brake vans on trains where they include wagons that might not have brakes such as engineering trains.  

• Thanks 1