The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Pedometer problem....

coachmann

I had a re-bore some years ago and things are much better now.

To any body with this trait it is worth while getting your prostrate checked.

Bernard

I agree that men should keep an eye on this if flow is slow during the day. I was in an RTA in 1994 and suffered a very deep impact in the head-on crash!  Because this wasn't realised for 9 years I had four prostate ops for nothing. I'm putting my footsteps taken during the morning walk on the calendar each day.

How many other members go fitness walkies for their health and how many miles do you do? I have been busy planning an extended route for tomorrow to increase mileage on the Pedometer. When I told her-indoors I would have it on in bed tonight, she said "On yer bike Popeye".  I'm measuring how well I sleep!

I think phone accelerometers are directional - they might get confused by horizontal jogging  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

FWIW regarding pedometers if you have a 'fixed course' such as I use in poor weather (I'd rather walk in the woods but in wet weather it's just too boggy) it is very revealing to try the same device multiple times on the same course. Most cannot produce credibly repeatable results, 30% range not unusual!

Having seen the output of a Fitbit on one walk, I've very dubious of their reliability.The GPS was all over the place. Whilst it was roughly right it was deviating to the left and right of the actual route taking all the way along with the odd extremely spurious data point thrown in for good measure. Hoever, used as a general motivational tool rather than for scientific precision, I can see their benefits.

Archived