Preston & District Model Railway Exhibition - 4/5 March 2017

Jeremy Davison

• RMweb Premium

Just back from visiting the show. Good mix of layouts, especially enjoyed 'Euxton Junction'. Many thanks to the two chaps building 0 gauge Parkside wagons for their help, and to the chap on the adjacent stand for selling me the wheels I needed for my next conversion. Stocked up on paint, glue and plasticard, left a 47 with Charlie for DCC sound fitting.

I thought that Hadfield colliery was something different as you can easily call it 3 dimensional compared to the normal fare. Had an afternoon trip on the East Lancashire on the way back to Yorkshire.

• RMweb Gold

Popped over to Preston show this morning and wasn't disappointed, great mix of layouts and trade stands. Without doubt for me was Euxton junction, this ones going to go far on exhibition circuit.

Here's some quick unedited videos of Euxton Junction in action.

Enjoy :locomotive:

Cheers

Daz

Jeremy's Tamper, had a play with it on my layout at Glasgow, very nice.

Nick, Hope that your track remains perfectly tamped!

Otherwise, we were really pleased with the way Euxton Junction performed on its first outing. As ever a few minor niggles,  however I think that it captures the essence of the West Coast Main line and allows some prototypical length trains to be run whilst remaining "in the landscape".  We had everything from Pendolinos, long freightliner and coal trains down to 153s and track plant, hopefully something for everyone.

Next outing is at Wigan in October.

Cheers

Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Back home again after an enjoyable weekend at the Preston show demonstrating my Signal Building and Operations.

Lots of visitors called by for a chat and seemed to enjoy having a go with the switches.

My next demo booking is arranged for Warley in November.

Hope to see some of you there.

Steve.

Archived