Zimo sound chip.

toplink@()1989))((

Well I have tried holding down F1 F3 and F8 still no sound, I,ve swopped speakers, still no joy, and it appears the stay alive isn,t funtioning either, when I lift the loco off the track while it is moving it stops working, I have soldered it the right way round, blue to the long leg grey to the short leg with stripe on body, and can I heck as like find the receipt for it.

Pete. 

What loco is it? The stay alive will most likley only keep the wheels tuening for a second or so after you lift it from the track

Fractions of a second, the ZIMO supplied sample will probably not move the wheels enough to be visible. It might be enough to light an LED long enough to show it is opearational.

Kind regards,

Paul

Short update, tried the led on the capacitor, nothing, so took the whole thing to Doncaster show and spoke to Jeremy from Digitrains and he has taken it back with him to Lincoln for further investigation, considering I have had it 2 1/2 years sat on a shelf and I,ve lost the receipt, I reckon thats service above and beyond, if its a problem with the chip he says he will do a service exchange for £15 which I think is very reasonable.

Cheers, Pete.

It is often easier to say than do, but it is always best to test your locos straight away before packing them away until you really want to run them.

Obviously the same goes for all new goods.

The thing is Pete, the loco is a scratch built shunter, I should have waited until it was a runner but I had the cash, and with my record it would have been frittered away on something else, I have learned my lesson and will wait until I have something to put the chip in, Peckett from Springside, part built ancient Vulcan 03 kit, scratch built Johnson 1F.  I,ve just bought a Dapol 08 and ordered one of Paul Chetters amazing Protodrive Zimo chips, can't wait to get that.  

• RMweb Gold

It is often easier to say than do, but it is always best to test your locos straight away before packing them away until you really want to run them.

Obviously the same goes for all new goods.

I never find it hard to play with test a new loco the second I get it home! :)

Archived