R3468 '603 Squadron' '34077' Battle of Britain Class - Rebuilt

adb968008

And while we are on the subject...as a lot of people know, Hornby quality control still sucks..... after the decoder fit and testing, after 5 mins of running one of the motions decided to come adrift as a screw fell out... luckily found and re-fitted and again 10 mins later loco stopped abruptly... again down to other motion screws working loose and jamming the motions......now i know why i dont buy Hornby anymore...... :angry:   

Edited by DAVE1562

• 2 months later...

Have read all of the posts with interest.

I finally got around to adding the decoder to 34077.

I have the same issue as been reported, the screws turn but can't be removed. Any thoughts on drilling (if possible) through the screws.

I have successfully added decoders to 34013 and 34006.

Any advice before sending it back to Hornby would be much appreciated.

Eddie

• RMweb Gold

Have read all of the posts with interest.

I finally got around to adding the decoder to 34077.

I have the same issue as been reported, the screws turn but can't be removed. Any thoughts on drilling (if possible) through the screws.

I have successfully added decoders to 34013 and 34006.

Any advice before sending it back to Hornby would be much appreciated.

Eddie

I gave up trying to get the screws out.  Drilling the screws out might have released the body but then how do you secure it back on again?  I was concerned that any "brute force" action might not only do serious damage but might invalidate the warranty. As I bought the loco from Hatton's, and they still had plenty in stock, I decided to take the safe route and get it replaced.   The replacement was fine.