Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

LMS 10456 - Pete Wright - RIP

file.php?id=80751

I've just learned of the sad and untimely death of Pete Wright who longer standing readers of the forum would have known as LMS 10456. Pete had been around these parts since the early days and often showed tantalising snaps of progress on his loft layout Worsthorne Junction and his prolific kit builds + here.

Pete had a period of time away from the site concentrating on his career in model aircraft parts and his work with Millholme Models but returned to the site to update us with progress last summer. I often had off-site communications with Pete who was a thoroughly decent sort in my book.

I didn't want to see Pete's passing go unnoticed or unremarked around these parts. Let's hope that wherever we go after this that there's a workbench all set out for him to bash away at.

Suddaby and I learned of Pete's passing at the Nottingham show today. We used to see him from time to time at the Horse & Jockey in Selston, Notts.

Pete was a very talented modeller and a gentle unassuming guy who always had time for a chat and wanted to know what we were doing, etc. He was a driving force behind the Elizabethan club's 'Trawden Junction' layout which was on the exhibition circuit for many years, building many of the locos and carriage stock for the layout.

His death at a relatively young age is tragic and he'll be much missed by those who know or had contact with him.

R.I.P.

• RMweb Premium

I didn't know Pete, either personally or in his forum guise, but from the sound of it his passing is going to have affected those close to him particularly, and others here also. My condolences to all.

Just reading this thread now - and have realised, through Andy's posting of the no.1 above, that I have been reading Mr Wright's workbench thread on the old RMweb. I have been studying his pics to try and make my kitbash of no.1 more realistic. I didn't know the chap but I'm pained that I can't now thank him for what is an incredibly informative and thoughtful thread of his.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

• RMweb Gold

Pete was clearly a very skilled modeller and someone whose standards I would aspire to. He also came across in his posts as a thoroughly lovely bloke. My condonces to his friends and family.

• RMweb Premium

I first met Peter when I started frequenting Millholme Models way back in the early '70's. He was then a very young man, but already a very talented modeller, and as a member of staff there always helpful and friendly. I lost touch with him for years, but was very glad to be able to correspond with him again through this forum. He will be much missed, and we have lost another great talent, and a good and genuine human being. RIP Pete, but far far too young.

Very saddened to hear this. I too only knew him through his postings here but like a few of the others, I remember him well and fondly from the early days of the forum as a genuine bloke and a source of interest and inspiration. His layout and kitbuilds were somehow very traditional in nature, yet for quality would easily stand comparison with anything from later sources.

Along with his usual LNW and LMS types, I do recall a particular point of interest being a Hull and Barnsley engine he'd done, but I don't think he was too impressed at my suggestion that Worsthorne should find employment for a Trans-Pennine DMU ;)

RIP Pete.

I've not been on here for a while but I'd thought I would say a few words about Pete.

I've been good friends with Pete for about 30 years and he will be greatly missed.

We originally met through the Elizabethan railway society and soon became good friends.

He has been involved in a number of layouts over the years including Trawden Junction which

was a reqular on the exhibition scene in the 80s and early 90s.

He worked for Millholme models since he left school and continued when it was renamed Aeroclub

he was a key part of the firm and I am not sure the firm will continue trading.

His passions were Modelling, Walking, Skiing and Beer (but maybe not in that order!)

He was on a skiing holiday with myself and a few friends when he collapsed on the slopes

everything possible was done to revive him but he never regained conciousness and he died on the slopes.

It was a sunny day and he died doing something he loved (but 30 years too early)

Pete was one of the worlds kind souls, always willing to help, a great modeller and a close friend

he will be greatly missed by many people.

Roger

Archived