Signals

Halton Boy

Hello everyone

I need some advice on 7mm signals please.  Due to lack of space and time I have had to put on hold my purposed layout.  Instead I am going to build a working test track shown below.  The track will have ballast and buffer stops, but there will not be any scenery.  I will test run my kit built items.

post-20280-0-45322200-1487433923_thumb.jpg

The layout may be shorter if I use the new Peco Set Track points.  Length 3900mm Width 350mm.

I have six DCC Concepts Cobalt Signal levers and Cobalt IP Analog point motors.

post-20280-0-69757300-1487434423.jpg

So that’s the points control sorted.  I want to operate signals using these levers.  I was going to use Dapol signals but I don’t think they will ever be available.

post-20280-0-02015800-1487434642.jpg

Are there any alternative signals that I can use?  I know they will be too close together but it is just the operation I am interested in.  I would consider colour light signals.  I have six signal levers, are these enough to operate the points and the signals?

Thank you for reading this.

Ken

Ken

There are no ready-to-use signals available in 7mm.

There are a number of builders, Jon Fitness' thread is perhaps the best known around these parts, though he has some 4mm competition!

There are a number of kits available. I can recommend Scale Signal Supply, there is also Model Signal Engineering.

A kit will cost around £20 for a single home signal. You'll need paint, small drills & glue. If you want working lights, you'll need to solder!

Hope this helps

Simon

• RMweb Premium

You'll need three levers for the points, both ends of the crossover being controlled from one lever.

At the left hand end, you will need a bracket to get into either the main road or the loop. Same at the other end.

You will need a signal at each end of the loop to come out onto the main, the Right hand one could be a red disc, the left hand one a yellow disc (so that you can go into the siding with the disc on.

You could have a red disc at the lefthand end to get you into the private siding, and if you want to be different, you could scrap the bracket at that end and have a signal to get into the main, with a disc co-mounted. That red disc could then read either into the siding or the loop.

A red disc to come out of the siding.

Mind you its a bit over kill. You don't need any signals, all movements within the boards being done with a ground frame off the annetts key on the single line token, and only one engine in steam....

Andy G

Archived