Turntable for SR (exLSWR)

Hello,

I am trying to kitbash a Dapol turntable for my layout. The turntable is the overgirder type.

I would like it to look at home on my pre war SR (ex LSWR) layout. Does anyone have any drawings or pictures

of overgirder turntables in this region?

The few pictures I have of an overgirder type are obscured by engines and was in the Guildford shed.

Maybe this is a fools errand and I should just turn it upside down! Unfortunately I can't really cut a big hole in the baseboard. :(

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

• RMweb Gold

Hello,

I am trying to kitbash a Dapol turntable for my layout. The turntable is the overgirder type.

I would like it to look at home on my pre war SR (ex LSWR) layout. Does anyone have any drawings or pictures

of overgirder turntables in this region?

The few pictures I have of an overgirder type are obscured by engines and was in the Guildford shed.

Maybe this is a fools errand and I should just turn it upside down! Unfortunately I can't really cut a big hole in the baseboard. :(

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

Hi Richard

To create the over girder style from Salisbury on my Fisherton Sarum layout I used the Peco well and deck and added scratchbuild sides from plasticard.

post-243-12563174769995_thumb.jpg

The pictures below of Salisbury are posted courtesy of George Reeve of the Irwell Press.

post-243-12563176591627_thumb.jpg

post-243-12563177020354_thumb.jpg

Archived