The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The power of ley lines

Phil Bullock

I would describe myself as an open minded skeptic where things paranormal are concerned.  I am an engineer and therefore deal with facts, but there are still some things that we just haven't understood yet!  It is like the arrogance of talking about the "laws of physics".  How do we know that we have isolated all of the variables in every case?  When things are not understood completely, then the scientific community tends to add fudge factors, and paper over the cracks in the theories.  Which of course is human nature.

As far as divining is concerned, it does work - but as other have said, not for everyone.  An old farmer taught me how to do it back in the 80s.  The bent welding rod method seems to work best for most beginners.  He taught me how to hold the rods correctly, and then told me to locate a culverted stream  that ran under the place we were working.  I found it straight away.

Why it works, I have no idea but my theory is that it is a way of tapping into a part of the subconscious brain that isn't usually developed because we don't need it as much as we could, or once did.

Ley lines - now there is another interesting subject.  They definitely exist - but whether by coincidence or design (subconscious or not), I don't know.

One theory I have is that they are related to the earth's Telluric currents, but if you do too much reading in this area then things tend to get a bit off the wall!  Having said earth batteries were used to power telegraph apparatus in the 1800s.  Small voltages and minuscule currents can be generated over a short distance, but when the electrodes are many miles apart the energy generated can actually become useful.

Anyway - enough rambling on!

...I do remember getting sent, single crewed....... to a gathering of a coven on the edge of the moor.......sure enough, there's the bonfire and everything else you could imagine......

You should have brought some bread rolls with you. Then you could have had a bun in the coven.

Archived