Little Muddle

KNP

Hmmmm. Busload of Chinese tourists on a bridge?

Bit spooky this, but I have to report that there are (as of last night) about 200 Chinese on their way to Helstonish.

Anybody know any tricks to getting into Airfix Auto's and B Sets, so I can stuff some inside?

Bit spooky this, but I have to report that there are (as of last night) about 200 Chinese on their way to Helstonish.

Anybody know any tricks to getting into Airfix Auto's and B Sets, so I can stuff some inside?

Take the glazing out so you can use the window openings?

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to add a note of dissent but this doesn't look right to me - not as realistic as your and Andy's other photos.

Not being a compositing expert, it's hard to say why. Possibly something to do with the lighting and I think the water should be reflecting the sky to some degree?

No I agree, I think, depending on what type of sky you add, you can't just do it in isolation, you also have to adjust the lighting of the foreground as well.

For instance, in your earlier example with the sunset, the whole scene really needs to be a more orangey colour.

But let's not take this too seriously, it is a bit of fun, really.

Al.

• RMweb Gold

A few pictures today of the area that gets little attention, namely the town/harbour area of Little Muddle.

attachicon.gif1090.png

attachicon.gif1091.png

attachicon.gif1092a.png

I had to grey out part of the last picture as the camera caught me moving backwards out of shot and as it's a MP4 recording I am moving so the editing process gave me a sort of speed movement look....!

More to follow once I've edited them.

Thank you for more inspiring pictures !

I think we need a masterclass from you on how to model industrial windows in the open position!

• RMweb Premium

A few pictures today of the area that gets little attention, namely the town/harbour area of Little Muddle.

attachicon.gif1090.png

attachicon.gif1091.png

attachicon.gif1092a.png

I had to grey out part of the last picture as the camera caught me moving backwards out of shot and as it's a MP4 recording I am moving so the editing process gave me a sort of speed movement look....!

Being gobsmacked is becoming routine with these pictures.

But are those metal kegs not a bit anachronistic?

Likewise THE STATION is, I think, in a distinctly post-war lettering style https://www.flickr.com/groups/stymie/pool/

(You can tell I'm scraping the barrel to find anything to criticise)

Edited by Andy Kirkham

Being gobsmacked is becoming routine with these pictures.

But are those metal kegs not a bit anachronistic?

Likewise THE STATION is, I think, in a distinctly post-war lettering style https://www.flickr.com/groups/stymie/pool/

(You can tell I'm scraping the barrel to find anything to criticise)

Thanks

I tend to agree with you about the lettering on the pub, it was built about 6 years ago and was the second one I tried in card/brick paper from a downloadable kit.

This was the only pub lettering in the kit that was relevant but will be subject to rebuild at some time.........the main reason is the paper has faded (see much earlier post about using compatible ink) and I don't like the fire wall divide, the new kit is much better so I will use that.

The roof is my own card version with Wills ridge/hip tiles, windows by Brassmasters.

The barrels, they are one of those situations that when you are brought a birthday present from your off-spring you feel duty bound to use them.......they were introduced in the mid 60's but they weren't to know that when they gave them to me.....

This picture highlights the wording and fire wall issue.

post-8925-0-91458500-1512032118_thumb.jpg

I suspect this why I don't photograph the area much as I'm not totalling happy with it!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 11

attachicon.gif1090.png

attachicon.gif1091.png

attachicon.gif1092a.png

Great pics, BUT BUT BUT, Do I get FREE HAIRCUTS for LIFE? hahhah :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

Thanks

I tend to agree with you about the lettering on the pub, it was built about 6 years ago and was the second one I tried in card/brick paper from a downloadable kit.

This was the only pub lettering in the kit but will be subject to rebuild at some time.........the main reason is the paper has faded (see much earlier post about using compatible ink) and I don't like the fire wall divide, the new kit is much better so I will use that.

The roof is my own card version with Wills ridge/hip tiles, windows by Brassmasters.

The barrels, they are one of those situations that when you are brought a birthday present from your off-spring you feel duty bound to use them.......they were introduced in the mid 60's but they weren't to know that when they gave them to me.....

This picture highlights the wording and fire wall issue.

attachicon.gif785.JPG

I suspect this why I don't photograph the area much as I'm not totalling happy with it!

Apart from being devoid of people, last nights Chip paper and Dog Poo, I can't see out wrong with the setting Kevin.

Apart from being devoid of people, last nights Chip paper and Dog Poo, I can't see out wrong with the setting Kevin.

I know, I know but that's just me and my minds eye again.

Some of the people I'm currently painting are planned for here - two women chatting on the corner by the pub door.

I'll add them and see if I need anything else.

This part of the layout hasn't had much attention for a while so is falling behind the rest of the layout.

Luckily, like most of my building this on a module so can be lifted out relatively easily to work.

In the short term the easiest would be to make a new pub fascia sign I suppose?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You really do spoil us Kevin! That top picture alone has so much to look at, so much atmosphere to absorb, so much of interest, yet you go on and provide us with more.

Great work, and really inspirational - its a shame I'm taking a peek at this whilst at work, and I can't go straight to my workbench...

Hi Kevin,

I made a little video of my railcar with sounds running on my dining table:

The sound recording is not great but it's the best I can do just now. It sounds much better in reality.

Many thanks for showing this.

Sound, sounds interesting and will be something I will be looking into once most things are finished.

The plan is to install a standalone shuttle module so I can leave a train running so the railcar (or auto train) with sound would be a thought.

I must sit down one day and work out why I am only getting internal lights with the Zimo module.

Back to painting the Modelu figures as they don't cause me a problem and are very compliant!!!

• RMweb Gold

A few more of the town area.

attachicon.gif1093.png

attachicon.gif1095.png

attachicon.gif1094.png

Figures progressing well so should be able to work out positioning.

Tend to leave them on the Modelu base, stand them so I can move them about to give the effect I require and then fix them with my new Tacky Wax!

I’m impressed with the engineers brick capping to the ramp side wall- it looks really solid.

I still wouldn’t be tempted into The Station public house, even though it’s open- Maybe because I saw a keg of Double Diamond or Watneys Red Barrel round the back. The things you have to do for children!!

A few more of the town area.

attachicon.gif1093.png

attachicon.gif1095.png

attachicon.gif1094.png

Figures progressing well so should be able to work out positioning.

Tend to leave them on the Modelu base, stand them so I can move them about to give the effect I require and then fix them with my new Tacky Wax!

I see you've now HIDDEN my name with the top of the Lampost Kevin, ahhaha

What another set of cracking pics, thanks.

I’m impressed with the engineers brick capping to the ramp side wall- it looks really solid.

I still wouldn’t be tempted into The Station public house, even though it’s open- Maybe because I saw a keg of Double Diamond or Watneys Red Barrel round the back. The things you have to do for children!!

Brick capping to ramp is Scalescenes blue engineering brick wrapped over a piece of 2mm greyboard with the edge rounded over and projecting a small bit over the brickwall.

The landlord will be most disappointed as he is now started catering for children - he has some flavoured crisps, Corona fruit flavoured fizzy drinks with stripy straws and a new Jacks game all brought in to enhance the snug for children.

You could sit in the beer garden but the dog is out and he hasn't had dinner yet!

I see you've now HIDDEN my name with the top of the Lampost Kevin, ahhaha

What another set of cracking pics, thanks.

Well you never turned up for your trim and he stayed open well past closing time for you.......

There is history with this name and if you go way back to page 10 post 232 you will see why it's called this.

Thanks, one thing I have done is changed the ISO from 125 to 400 fixed and the pictures are coming out lighter and with more definition when using post focus mode.

Strange but I would have thought the lower number would be better! but there we go trail and error...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Brick capping to ramp is Scalescenes blue engineering brick wrapped over a piece of 2mm greyboard with the edge rounded over and projecting a small bit over the brickwall.

The landlord will be most disappointed as he is now started catering for children - he has some flavoured crisps, Corona fruit flavoured fizzy drinks with stripy straws and a new Jacks game all brought in to enhance the snug for children.

You could sit in the beer garden but the dog is out and he hasn't had dinner yet!

Smiths Crisps, of course. The delivery van, in the 50’s always had a sign on the back which read ‘please hoot, we wish to extend the courtesy of the road’. Imagine what would happen if we did that today !

Well after all that design work time for a quick bevy at The Station PH before it closes.....

For clarity the hairdressers wasn't named after anybody connected with the RMWeb rather a former work colleague who would never get his hair cut because he said he could never find one - in Oxford!

So as I already this built this I changed the nameboard to his name and put this picture on the office noticeboard marked for his attention, caused much amusement especially when I had a couple of people asked me where in Oxford was it.....?

Ha ha , Found it, :sungum:  it weren't me guvnor, I ain't got no air. :O  :scared:  :onthequiet:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand: