RMweb

Little Muddle

KNP

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

I found pigeon quite potent especially when eaten off a shovel held over a fire.

Spatch the breast meat as soon as you shoot them and throw the rest to feed the other wildlife. All you need is a knife and a plastic bag.

It also saves having to carry a lot of ex birds back to your camp. Nice fried with a little garlic.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Spatch the breast meat as soon as you shoot them and throw the rest to feed the other wildlife. All you need is a knife and a plastic bag.

It also saves having to carry a lot of ex birds back to your camp. Nice fried with a little garlic.

Pigeon, mushroom and bacon pie, what's not to like?

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 12/03/2023 at 15:28, Winslow Boy said:

I found pigeon quite potent especially when eaten off a shovel held over a fire.

Despite a thorough search I have been unable to find 'shovel flambe'd pigeon' amongst the ready meals in M&S or Waitrose  - are ther other sources???

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

32 minutes ago, Tony Teague said:

Despite a thorough search I have been unable to find 'shovel flambe'd pigeon' amongst the ready meals in M&S or Waitrose  - are ther other sources???

Pm Mr Wolf with a request I'm certain he'll be able to sort something out for you.

Alternatively Pigeon 'R Us might be good place to start.

As to the shovel well if you need to àsk then .........

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

We’ll be happy to.watch the Pigeon and Toads go past slowly while you concentrate on that. It counts as microsurgery and you’ll need to lie down for a bit after that.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, KNP said:

Well I never...

Is that Stan Dare, the local artist, I see standing at the end of the lane?

Is he looking at his next subject to be painted?

We'll have to wait and see....

5234.jpg.a0500cd636b2e5aca1f616d2dfb2bc20.jpg

The cottage looks more and more like my grandparents cottage in Sturmer on the Suffolk / Essex borders.

There's wasn't thatched and didn't have the brick extension on the side, but the atmosphere it creates is very similar. All it needs is some beehives at the backend a "Honey For Sale" sign by the gate!

Lovely scene Kevin... could be at Pendon... in which case that's probably Roye England staring over the gate! 

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KNP said:

Buccaneer update.

Finished most of the standing rigging today, applied some more glue on the knots to reinforce so I don't end up with them unravelling in the future.

Now the initiated would have spotted there are two backstays missing, the Topmast running (from the very top of mast to the deck) and the Main Mast running (from just under the crosstrees to the deck) as both of these end up about half to two thirds from the bow and would get in the way of fitting the sails. so they have been left off for now until all the work inboard is done.

What I always find with rigging is slow, steady and plan ahead.

5237.jpg.426c158f6a6f8ff31fbd754044646461.jpg

Next, furled sails - that'll be a first so I need to have a think on how to do them????

Blimey Kevin, that is a brilliant model.  You reach such high standards of modelling on LM.  Absolute pleasure to read your thread 

• Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1