Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, 37Oban said:

Once you open the box and start building you'll find yourself committed to a very slippery slope!  I've heard rumours there's a support group, somewhere, a bit like AA and such, but no-one has ever found it!

Roja

It's probably hidden in amongst someone's kit stash.

Adrian

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

China clay wagons are end tippers, sheeted wagons were general merchandise, with the sheet providing weather protection.

Thanks for the info, good to know.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Excellent portrayal of the tarpaulins roping Kevin. Can I ask what adhesive you use please? Despite using cocktail sticks I seem to get in a heck of a mess.

Brian

And yes before I fall foul of the collective wit on here I do take the cherry and little umbrella off before using the stick

Edited by Dragonboy
  • Like 2
  • Funny 9

4 hours ago, Dragonboy said:

Excellent portrayal of the tarpaulins roping Kevin. Can I ask what adhesive you use please? Despite using cocktail sticks I seem to get in a heck of a mess.

Brian

And yes before I fall foul of the collective wit on here I do take the cherry and little umbrella off before using the stick

Thanks

Difficult I agree but then I worked out a work around.

This what I do.

I use Industrial grade liquid 'super ' glue which I add on the end of a piece of rope then pulled to a point in my wetted fingers (so glue doesn't stick) to form a hybrid needle. not big say 2-3mm in length.

Hand drill a hole slightly larger than the rope can go  through to both the tarpaulin and the wagon side.

Thread the rope 'needle' through this hole and I use a pin in a pin vice to help push it through, when happy add some glue to the pin and push that through the hole.

Let it set and bend the rope to the direction required.

I also, if required, add a blob to glue to the rope/hole area to strengthen.

Let it set and I touched up any visual glue with some Vallejo dirty rope paint to conceal.

Edited by KNP
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

• RMweb Premium

The only other point is the inside of the chimneys should be matt black not copper, with a light dust of soot around the top lip of the chimney cap

And the same goes for the inside of the safety valve bonnet 

Edited by John Besley
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Sorted the Castle's front bogie, moved the King alongside.

Just the funnels to sort now......

5557.jpg.ccdeb40fed84dd1f6a948c1cc12ca506.jpg

It's alright Kevin the Majors not noticed. He's still chatting to Fred about how long that umbrella been left there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, KNP said:

Sorted the Castle's front bogie, moved the King alongside.

Just the funnels to sort now......

5557.jpg.ccdeb40fed84dd1f6a948c1cc12ca506.jpg

Funnels? Chimneys if you please we will have none of that nautical banter back on here, please. Aviation and military associations only...

That Castle even has someone polishing inside the chimney, time for a dab of sooty black, I think.

Kevin

• Like 3
  • Funny 2