Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, KNP said:

I'm retired you see so all days are Sundays....? 

The great shame of being retired, no more weekends, nothing to look forward to. When to open the wine, oh dear.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Gedward said:

The great shame of being retired, no more weekends, nothing to look forward to. When to open the wine, oh dear.

Reminds me of the old adage that youth is wasted on the young.

I have so many things I want to be doing, but work gets in the way!

• Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Gedward said:

I have to die. If it is now, well then I die now; if later, then now I will finish my layout, since this is the hour for modelling – and dying I will tend to later.

Epictetus

Goodness George! I think you're a bit younger than me, and really i'd rather you postponed that inevitability. Once the medics sort out your present difficulty, you could be set for a great many more years. Plenty on here hope so!

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

23 minutes ago, Gedward said:

I have to die. If it is now, well then I die now; if later, then now I will finish my layout, since this is the hour for modelling – and dying I will tend to later.

Epictetus

Now there was a philosopher whose ideas made sense.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Goodness George! I think you're a bit younger than me, and really i'd rather you postponed that inevitability. Once the medics sort out your present difficulty, you could be set for a great many more years. Plenty on here hope so!

Sorry Ian, I didn't mean to sound so morose. In fact my mojo and my humour are very much still intact. But... I'd be lying if I said it was business as usual after a such a diagnosis. 

• Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gedward said:

Sorry Ian, I didn't mean to sound so morose. In fact my mojo and my humour are very much still intact. But... I'd be lying if I said it was business as usual after a such a diagnosis. 

Sorry George I'd only just picked up on your medical problem, trust you can get the all clear, I can appreciate the frustration of being laid to one side - even if it is with a busted wrist.

Keep smiling and occupied 

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
On 10/12/2023 at 08:45, Gedward said:

And we don’t get the benefit of Bank Holidays

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, John Besley said:

That's. Shame, you could always go out and drive slowly around to join a queue of stationary traffic on the M5 so you dont feel left out, and arrive after all the chip shops have closed at which point it will tip down with rain.

Which is why on bank holidays in the lakes we get on our motorcycles and head for the back of beyond, where the hikers don't go.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 4

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Which is why on bank holidays in the lakes we get on our motorcycles and head for the back of beyond, where the hikers don't go.

Are those the pseudo hikers you know with the shiny new waterproofs and top of the range boots or the proper hikers with muddy boots etc.

• Like 3