Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

If you could find an old Mailcoach kit of the K22 would be nice….. I think Worsley works also do a kit of sides and roof.

Dapol have spoken about an RTR in their possible list of Mainline Toplights.

An old K's 40' van would also be nice if you can pick one up.

The Mailcoach kit is also nice but a buqqer to paint.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Dapol have spoken about an RTR in their possible list of Mainline Toplights.

Indeed and I predict these to be a best seller if and when it comes to market. It's a shame the Genesis range from Hatton's will be unavailable as they did a GWR full brake that would past muster although not 100% authentic. I think the K's kit are regulars on eBay so might be the best option for Kev @KNP at the moment.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

The one that I half looked at was the Milk Brake van no.1399 but at the moment still looking……couldn’t find a kit of it!

Edited by KNP
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 18/01/2024 at 10:41, KNP said:

IMG_8505.jpeg.6d9192e7558d6f7c3539b6a12fb96f45.jpeg

Going back to the weed killing train, from this photo, it looks as if it’s made up of Toad brake van, mess van (coach), tank (for weed killer) and 3 No. tenders (for water) presumably with one fitted with the pump and spraying gubbins: are you going to add a second Toad? I thought I’d read that the trains were top and tailed with a brake van to simplify running round?

Also isn’t three water tenders a bit much for the LM branch? Or is it clearing the mainline and picks up the branch en route?

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

19 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Going back to the weed killing train, from this photo, it looks as if it’s made up of Toad brake van, mess van (coach), tank (for weed killer) and 3 No. tenders (for water) presumably with one fitted with the pump and spraying gubbins: are you going to add a second Toad? I thought I’d read that the trains were top and tailed with a brake van to simplify running round?

Also isn’t three water tenders a bit much for the LM branch? Or is it clearing the mainline and picks up the branch en route?

Designed for main line clearance of weeds though you never know it might end up down the branch line!!

All the pictures I have show just one Toad and in some cases a converted toad as a mess/workshop.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, KNP said:

The one that I half looked at was the Milk Brake van no.1399 but at the moment still looking……couldn’t find a kit of it!

Blacksmiths, did a milk brake, hopefully now that the range has been taken over, it may reappear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Blacksmiths, did a milk brake, hopefully now that the range has been taken over, it may reappear.

See half-way down this post:

• Like 4

WKT (no not bowled but the weed killing train)

Third tender had coal removed, tank added, recess for pump and buffers added and primed to see any issues.

Now to decided what to do next??

IMG_8511.jpeg.3209e44e87037d6853fa55cc6feaec37.jpeg

Still got to work out how to coupling these three together…..might be the next task as I suspect this will need a lot of handling……pointless adding stuff only to knock it off!

Seem to be a couple of draw bars close coupled using the normal slot but the other end?

Edited by KNP
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Hi Kevin

I've just been catching up with your recent antics. I'm going to PM you some scans of an old (1960's?) RM article that I did a few years ago in case I ever wanted to do a similar project to your weed-killing train. You may have seen it but if not it could be useful. 

Nick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, KNP said:

Not sure if this picture was going to work.

The family sitting on the bench are a very old Dart Castings model and I expect are the oldest on this layout though from this angle the young lad looks like he's supporting a moustache!!!!

The seat and lamp are also from Dart's with the trolley from Mudmagnet Models with some Modelscenes luggage.

5696.jpg.05023ea78b2c58994ba38992df2070ad.jpg

Yes , good figures from normal viewing distance - but close up I thought that was Peter Brough and Archie Andrew’s !  Oh for the BBC Light Programme again .

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

22 hours ago, nickwood said:

Hi Kevin

I've just been catching up with your recent antics. I'm going to PM you some scans of an old (1960's?) RM article that I did a few years ago in case I ever wanted to do a similar project to your weed-killing train. You may have seen it but if not it could be useful. 

Nick

PM most useful and thank you for sending it..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1