RMweb

Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

Great view of your point rodding - looking really functional.   I was wondering if the spotters on the bridge in the distance ever send in any pictures!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Great view of your point rodding - looking really functional.   I was wondering if the spotters on the bridge in the distance ever send in any pictures!

Thanks.

I have posted a few pictures from there over the years but it quite an awkward position to set the camera up in but I think I will have a go tomorrow.

What loco would you like as I am doing requests!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

A Pannier tank would be nice.

Always a good idea. Hoping to acquire one myself in the not too distant future. Still can't decide on a Dapol or Minerva one though. They both look like great models.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gedward said:

Always a good idea. Hoping to acquire one myself in the not too distant future. Still can't decide on a Dapol or Minerva one though. They both look like great models.

Get two of each is the best idea!

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, KNP said:

Thanks.

I have posted a few pictures from there over the years but it quite an awkward position to set the camera up in but I think I will have a go tomorrow.

What loco would you like as I am doing requests!

Since it's a faff to get the camera into that position, perhaps you could photo all the locos while you're there.

Doing different things, of course.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Gedward said:

What period are you modelling? If you're going for the as originally built version, only the Dapol 57XX has the correct cab handrails.

1 hour ago, Gedward said:

...and your Ian Allan book.

GWR Engines, Names Numbers Types & Classes surely?

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/91oygZkTRQL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Welchester said:

GWR Engines, Names Numbers Types & Classes surely?

Not where I grew up. Only be useful for sitting on and keeping the chill off the nether regions. . . . . 🤣

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Lovely view- it’s been worth standing on the bridge for four years to get that shot.

Could you set it all up again tomorrow?

Yes (do you believe I would only take a few of pictures....?)

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

Many permanent layouts have such a photography problem. With the difficulty of seeing what the camera sees until you take a pic, I wonder if there is a phone-app to help you see more? My latest Sony camera allows me to use my (non-Sony) phone to see exactly what is in the camera viewfinder. Last week I had it on a tripod pointing out of the window at the bird feeder, and I sat on the sofa, unable to see that view, but watching on my phone. Pressing the button on the phone when birds were noshing took a pic on the camera, which I could then review remotely. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3