Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Improve any novel by changing its second line

DavidB-AU

I used to read to my daughter, as she would snuggle up in her bed at night.  I now read the same book to her children (my grandchildren).  The book is called Goodnight, Goodnight and is written by Eve Rice.

Goodnight came over the rooftops slowly  ---

Then the murders began!

Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank, and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, "and what is the use of a book" thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"

And then the murders began.

• RMweb Gold

Once upon a time there was a little house, and all around the house was a beautiful garden, and down at the bottom of the garden was a place where the man who worked in the garden left his things while he went in to the house to have his dinner...

and then the murders began.

Almustafa, the chosen and the beloved, who was a dawn unto his own day, had waited twelve years in the city of Orphalese for his ship that was to return and bear him back to the isle of his birth...

... And then the murders began..

Eighty years ago the famous iron-hulled steamship Great Britain was a sad rusting hulk in the Falkland Islands, but since then she has been rescued and restored,  and is today a popular tourist attraction on display at the Great Western Dockyard in Bristol.

And then the murders began!

Archived