RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Gold

Will this one do? They have lost a lot more than just wheels though. The photos only mine by purchase, but having scoured the archives it's the only one I can find without wheels. There's a couple of Dad's photos of locos without con rods, but none without wheels.

post-14351-0-27483800-1499102656_thumb.jpg

A loco without con rods (when it should have them - before someone gets smart)

Edit - someone got there smarter than me!

Edited by phil_sutters

I'm going with jbqfc's next - a) because it was first (just) and b) cos I have a pic :)

post-1525-0-00295500-1499104562.jpg

Coincidentally also at Doncaster.

Next, let's stay at Doncaster and have an ex works loco on the works transfer headshunt?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I could offer you half a dozen nice shiny steam locos from the early 1920s at Doncaster, but they may not be in your favoured headshunt and neither Dad nor I took them - it was a bit early, even for Dad. They are from a collection Dad acquired, which can be seen at

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/4210-lner-locomotives-from-the-1920s/

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Will this one do? The fireman is setting the tablet catcher while heading out to Templecombe from Bath. This is from Dad's archive, by his friend Michael Brown.

post-14351-0-50713900-1499194869_thumb.jpg

How about TPO equipment on a train or lineside?

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 2

Will this one do? The fireman is setting the tablet catcher while heading out to Templecombe from Bath. This is from Dad's archive, by his friend Michael Brown.

attachicon.gifMR 4F 0-6-0 44146 Bath 2 10 1954.jpg

How about TPO equipment on a train or lineside?

That's as good an inspiration as I've seen to purchase a rake of N-gauge Maunsells in blood and custard and a 4F   :sungum:

Edited by bingley hall
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

That's as good an inspiration as I've seen to purchase a rake of N-gauge Maunsells in blood and custard and a 4F   :sungum:

You'll have to get your weathering just right!

It would make a nice short train in 0 gauge, as well. I have a vague recollection that someone like Lima did an 0 set like that in the olden days - probably not Maunsells though.

Edited by phil_sutters

• RMweb Premium

Looks like time for a wildcard:

post-6208-0-84079400-1499283495_thumb.jpg

If that's OK let's have another piece of track /OHLE equipment outside the UK (not including ro-railer types please)

Keith

• Like 1

Trains on the line between Jilin and Changchun faced a climb in either direction to the tunnel at the summit just east of Tumenling. 

QJ7168 with a Changchun bound freight was around 15 months old when photographed emerging from the tunnel, having almost stalled on the grade inside - 7 April 1988.

post-4406-0-67896800-1499302246_thumb.jpg

Next - obviously the logical follow on would be a passenger train exiting a tunnel

• Like 4