Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

Google maps say I can manage one way in 10hr 35 mins, so if I didn't eat, sleep or stop for a p you never know.

Thankfully Eddie has saved Me with his Z.

Of course what I would have done is just popped down to Bassendean and photographed the Zanthus cabin that's been relocated to the Rail Museum and just told you chaps I did the big trip :D

I do have a couple of images taken at Zanthus tucked away somewhere - not sure whether I got the nameboard in the shot and definitely no station buildings.

• Like 1

Kennett, Cambridgeshire

post-10122-0-53582400-1501512781_thumb.jpg

So far, I think we've had...

[England]

Berkshire

Buckinhamshire

Cambridgeshire

Cheshire

Devonshire

Gloucestershire

Hampshire

Herefordshire

Hertfordshire

Shropshire

Warwickshire

Worcestershire

(North) Yorkshire

[scotland]

Ross-shire

Dumfriesshire

[Wales]

Carmarthenshire

Denbighsire

(South) Glamorgan

Merionyddshire (?)

Montgomeryshire

Pembrokeshire

Plenty of scope - what has happened to the LMS heartlands of the midlands?  New Hampshire in the USA?

Bonus points for places other than county towns!

Brownhills West station, Chasewater Railway. I think the railway station is just within the County of the West Midlands although Chasewater is in both Staffordshire and the West Midlands. I suppose we can leave it a bit vague so that anyone else with a good Staffs or West Midlands photo can have a chance!

33639631252_ee74d90b29_h.jpgChasewater005 by wombatofludham, on Flickr

• RMweb Gold

Brownhills West station, Chasewater Railway. I think the railway station is just within the County of the West Midlands although Chasewater is in both Staffordshire and the West Midlands. I suppose we can leave it a bit vague so that anyone else with a good Staffs or West Midlands photo can have a chance!

Chasewater005 by wombatofludham, on Flickr

The problem with that is that West Midlands isn't a shire county. So Staffordshire has now been bagged, which is a shame as I had just one which would have done, but I was holding back as I had had Oxfordshire last go.

Edited by phil_sutters

I think Somerset and Dorset both count as "Shires" because they both are (were) Shire counties and/or ceremonial counties.  That's why I thought a photo of the West Midlands County will qualify as it remains a ceremonial county, whereas Gwynedd, Powys etc can't count because they have never been county authorities nor ceremonial counties.

Perhaps though I'm allowing my former profession as a Local Government planner to cloud my judgement!

PS Stick Staffordshire back into the list if West Midlands doesn't count.

Edited by wombatofludham

• RMweb Gold

I think Somerset and Dorset both count as "Shires" because they both are (were) Shire counties and/or ceremonial counties.  That's why I thought a photo of the West Midlands County will qualify as it remains a ceremonial county, whereas Gwynedd, Powys etc can't count because they have never been county authorities nor ceremonial counties.

Perhaps though I'm allowing my former profession as a Local Government planner to cloud my judgement!

PS Stick Staffordshire back into the list if West Midlands doesn't count.

I and I think most of the contributors have been thinking of 'Shire Counties' just as those that had the suffix -shire, rather than having any appreciation of counties' status - ceremonial or otherwise.

Again another pic of a pic, and I will say Preston, but as for the county, that word will never pass my lips :jester: :mosking:

post-1525-0-93949300-1501522226_thumb.jpg

See, I was so traumatised by the prospect, I originally forgot to attach the picture :)

2nd Edit: I was waiting for Newbryford of this parish to claim his home ground....

Edited by leopardml2341

Again another pic of a pic, and I will say Preston, but as for the county, that word will never pass my lips :jester: :mosking:

attachicon.gifIMG_20170731_172953~2.jpg

See, I was so traumatised by the prospect, I originally forgot to attach the picture :)

2nd Edit: I was waiting for Newbryford of this parish to claim his home ground....

Earlier I said the word for you!

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifIMG_20170731_172953~2.jpg

Do you mean Lancashire, the County Palatine. land of the red rose; is it that Lancashire to which you cannot refer?

• Like 1