Cheltenham Spring show 2017

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks

Just a plug for the Cheltenham show this weekend

http://cheltmodrail.org.uk/

Along with the listed attractions we will we there in one of the small back rooms off the stage with "Abbotswood - the back room story" - a chance to look at our stock, control system and anything else you want to ask without the pressure of us trying to operate the layout at the same time.

Phil

Thanks Phil!

I will be attending with my layout Westbridge which is making its first exhibition appearance since being extended by 3ft. 

Here are some photos of the layout taken this evening after being set up. 

post-24270-0-85367900-1490990908_thumb.jpg

post-24270-0-20054300-1490990913_thumb.jpg

If you are in the area make sure you attend as it is always a great show and it is for a charitable cause called the Pied Piper Appeal which helps sick and disabled children in Gloucestershire.

For more details on the show, click the link in Phil's post above.

Alex

• RMweb Gold

I will be there, not sure quite what I will be demoing yet.

Quick reminder to Phil, curry Saturday night as always, anyone else is welcome to join us. Come and find me and let us know numbers

Andi

• RMweb Gold

Show over! The concept of a DCC facility that folks could have a play with seemed popular - with both younger and older visitors

Also managed to sort a few locos for folks and help traders with testing locos for sale so productive weekend - although no modelling done

Purchases? 3 coke hoppers to add to our rake - plus this beauty courtesy of Trevor Hale who has done much work on this loco - lifting rails on roof panels, additional grilles and lamp brackets as per prototype - it would have been rude to not to take up his offer ....

post-7138-0-15282600-1491158738_thumb.jpg

Here she is stretching her legs (or wings!) on Westbridge courtesy of Alex Raybould

So within 30 mins the sound chip and speaker were out of D0280 and installed in 1200, and D0280 had also moved on to a happy new owner....

All in all an excellent friendly show - and great to be there without the layout to take all our attention, Great to see other Rmwebbers and the local contingent as usual

Phil

Archived