Hornby R3485 08644

hoover50008

Have only seen pictures of Hornby's model of 08644 which I was going to buy but the livery is wrong, the real thing doesn't have yellow and black wasp stripes around the cab windows

Does the actual model have this error or is it just the models picture, it will be disappointing if the model is wrong as again that is poor research on Hornby's part a basic error as there are plenty of pictures on the internet and they obviously haven't seen the real thing.

E

post-6517-0-13880200-1491159658_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

A quick Google confirms that post naming there are still no wasp stripes on the cab front so a bit of a boo boo there.  I wonder if Hornby used a painting diagram that showed that was planned to be outshopped like that and in the end they didn't?

A quick Google confirms that post naming there are still no wasp stripes on the cab front so a bit of a boo boo there.  I wonder if Hornby used a painting diagram that showed that was planned to be outshopped like that and in the end they didn't?

Thanks for the replies, the loco was painted at Laira using a 1980's picture as reference, even if they did use a painting diagram you would have thought a simple internet check would have been advisable.

Apologies for posting a picture of it without it's nameplates, it must be my age but here's one I took a little later, with the old style marker lights, the model is correct for when it was painted but it now has LED marker lights. fitted.

E

post-6517-0-72787800-1491233914.jpg

Archived