Dapol N 73142 Gaugemaster

alan24

Having got the ic exec livery wrong on 73134 a few years back was hoping to replace it with gauge masters ltd edition 73142.

Received it today and absolutely horrified to find that the dark brown is BLACK!!!!!

Only going to buy Farish locos from now on.

Will Dapol ever learn?

Having got the ic exec livery wrong on 73134 a few years back was hoping to replace it with gauge masters ltd edition 73142.

Received it today and absolutely horrified to find that the dark brown is BLACK!!!!!

Only going to buy Farish locos from now on.

Will Dapol ever learn?

Probably  not :stinker: 

There's some very good pictures of the product on Gaugemaster's website. If you actually saw it and couldn't spot the error there or chose not to contact them about it then who is to blame? Yes it's partially Dapol's fault, but unfortunately as a Gaugemaster's exclusive the artwork was to be approved by them. Long ago I kindly asked them for pictures of the approval samples and they shared it.

I cannot play the blame game here, Dapol manufactured it to Gaugemasters specs and you bought it, there's a picture of it right there.

yes it is a shame. it's why I cancelled my order.

you would have thought that following feedback when previous versions of this livery were produced in n and oo that this would have been corrected by now. it seems inexplicable that it wasn't.

Tim

Archived