The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

LEGO modelling

DavidB-AU

4 hours ago, peach james said:

6 wide for me...

Lego 100 HP post war

(recently posted in the Sentinel Loco thread)
The Sentinel is old enough that that is Dark Gray, not Dark Stone Gray, used in the handrails...

and the home layout, rather dated view of it:

(I need to redo the movie, as things have changed quite a lot since then !)

James

That's an impressive layout and a nice little loco. I like 6 wide but 8 wide is closer to O scale and I have several friends with O scale layouts that I can run stuff on so I guess I'm trying to have the best of both worlds. 

5 hours ago, leadie69 said:

have recently been looking at building O scale trains using Lego

This is very nice - the 8-wide works well. In this case it is essential for the look.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Thanks 1

This is hardly modelling - more like assembly in the time of the COVID confinement.

I broke out this set. The pilot and the driving wheels are separately articulated from the chassis, which makes for some big compromises at the footplate. This set is tender driven and has the new "Powered Up" mobile phone throttle (which I haven't yet downloaded).

Mickey.PNG.a08fb8f7636a852dee0da8aef4ffa15b.PNG

Anyone familiar with the Disneyland Railroad will know that Chip the conductor's open longitudinal observation car is not in the correct formation - it is backwards and should face the other way. It and the 'shorty' parlour/observation car are built on the standard LEGO six stud-wide train car baseplate and result in an eight-wide build.

I did modify the height of the clerestory windows on the parlour/observation car. Naturally I didn't have the right brick/colour combination in my spares bin. The observant can find the original brick still in place where I didn't have the exact replacement I wanted.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 4

• 11 months later...