Swiss "Cameo" layout

Salmotrutta

Although there is a discussion about "cameo layouts" elsewhere I built this last year for a local show. It had to fit in one piece in my Kia Sorento and weigh as little as possible. I now have Ian Rice's book so I might tart it up with a surround. Materials are mostly insulation foam and foamboard. Track is Tillig "bedungsgleis". It will be at the Amherst show next January (near Springfield Massachusetts) drop by for a chat at the European Train Enthusiasts area if you are around.

post-27796-0-75261500-1494342862_thumb.jpg

post-27796-0-74934300-1494343140_thumb.jpg

post-27796-0-25987800-1494343184_thumb.jpg

Although there is a discussion about "cameo layouts" elsewhere I built this last year for a local show. It had to fit in one piece in my Kia Sorento and weigh as little as possible. I now have Ian Rice's book so I might tart it up with a surround. Materials are mostly insulation foam and foamboard. Track is Tillig "bedungsgleis". It will be at the Amherst show next January (near Springfield Massachusetts) drop by for a chat at the European Train Enthusiasts area if you are around.

Sorry I can't get the other images to go the "right way up" :(

After viewing the photo 'right-way-up' you need to store/save it again for the change in orientation to have a permanent effect. Your photo's have EXIF data associated with them, google it for more info :yes:

Don't over-do the animal and people population, the Swiss Alps are by-and-large empty, especially in the very high and remote regions you seem to model here ;)

I have added people as it gives the punters something to look for; but you are correct; I only do this for a show layout. The TARDIS appeared on it at one show..... :)

Archived