Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Swiss "Cameo" layout

Salmotrutta

Although there is a discussion about "cameo layouts" elsewhere I built this last year for a local show. It had to fit in one piece in my Kia Sorento and weigh as little as possible. I now have Ian Rice's book so I might tart it up with a surround. Materials are mostly insulation foam and foamboard. Track is Tillig "bedungsgleis". It will be at the Amherst show next January (near Springfield Massachusetts) drop by for a chat at the European Train Enthusiasts area if you are around.

post-27796-0-75261500-1494342862_thumb.jpg

post-27796-0-74934300-1494343140_thumb.jpg

post-27796-0-25987800-1494343184_thumb.jpg

Although there is a discussion about "cameo layouts" elsewhere I built this last year for a local show. It had to fit in one piece in my Kia Sorento and weigh as little as possible. I now have Ian Rice's book so I might tart it up with a surround. Materials are mostly insulation foam and foamboard. Track is Tillig "bedungsgleis". It will be at the Amherst show next January (near Springfield Massachusetts) drop by for a chat at the European Train Enthusiasts area if you are around.

Sorry I can't get the other images to go the "right way up" :(

After viewing the photo 'right-way-up' you need to store/save it again for the change in orientation to have a permanent effect. Your photo's have EXIF data associated with them, google it for more info :yes:

Don't over-do the animal and people population, the Swiss Alps are by-and-large empty, especially in the very high and remote regions you seem to model here ;)

I have added people as it gives the punters something to look for; but you are correct; I only do this for a show layout. The TARDIS appeared on it at one show..... :)

Archived