Ex GWR Manors in RTR form

• RMweb Gold

Hi all

I was wondering if there is anywhere that still sells Bachmann 'Manors' - they look nice locos but seem very hard to source!

Thank you

Liam (SVRlad)

Not been produced for many years now. They were based on the old Mainline split chassis with all its attendant problems with loose axles slipping out of quartering. 

Some others have had retooled chassis like the 57xx and Ivatt Tank, but much as I want one ( and a 43xx) I'm not holding out being able to keep up the coffin-dodging for long enough to see it happen.

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I was wondering if there is anywhere that still sells Bachmann 'Manors' - they look nice locos but seem very hard to source!

Thank you

Liam (SVRlad)

Ebay !    :no:    That's where I got mine!

Edited by PMP99

There are usually quite a few on Ebay, both Bachmann and the earlier Mainline models, Mainline suffer from loose wheels and I pushed one de motored example around with a Hornby 28XX Tender drive for 20 odd years till I got fed up with it making the track dirty, andI have another Mainline body is on a Triang Hall chassis with Romford wheels which actually pulls decent length trains and has done so for 25 years or more.   I have a Bachmann Manor but it is very difficult to weight it sufficiently to pull reasonable trains, a problem also common to the similar Hornby Grange.