RMweb

H0 Scale Cats.

Does anyone make h0 scale cats other than the prieser 3 cats + 9 dogs, or the Noch/Woodland scenics 9 dogs and 3 cats? I want more than the 3 cats, and have no real need for the dogs which makes them very expensive. 

Thanks

J

• Like 1

Utterly unable to help, but great subject for a discussion. Also impresed that orig poster used h0 instead of ho. Also, I can't help wondering whether h0 and 00 cats are distinguishable from each other. Then we need to compare 00 and EM cats...

Utterly unable to help, but great subject for a discussion. Also impresed that orig poster used h0 instead of ho. Also, I can't help wondering whether h0 and 00 cats are distinguishable from each other. Then we need to compare 00 and EM cats...

I think that the issue of EM versus P4 domestic cats and other felines should also be looked into.

• Like 1

I think that the issue of EM versus P4 domestic cats and other felines should also be looked into.

Don't know about EM or P4 sized cats but look on u-tube or even a search on this very site will reveal loads of 12' to the foot scale moggie's for you on layouts all terrorising trains might be a touch big for the original posters use though!

P S just checked out one of my my cats that just happened to be passing and the gauge between the fron paws appears to be 3 1/2 gauge so far to wide for any four millimetre layout of and scale weather EM or P4 never mind OO

Edited by Graham456

Don't know about EM or P4 sized cats but look on u-tube or even a search on this very site will reveal loads of 12' to the foot scale moggie's for you on layouts all terrorising trains might be a touch big for the original posters use though! ...

Well at 12 times real life they would certainly scare me.

I think we've got one of each; in fact Dino might be ''0''.

• RMweb Gold

All cats come with 4 point compensation so are highly suitable for P4 conversion

Landon Paws.

Three point compensation works better.

post-6674-0-83575900-1495979611_thumb.jpg

Jacob

(unfortunately no longer with us as he succumbed to heart failure last month)

Andi

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Try TT gauge 1:100 for smaller cats?

http://www.3smr.co.uk/figures.html

SN45715 $8.90 cats & dogs

Alternatively make your own from DAS & fine wire for legs & tails!

Dava

If you go to the bottom of the link above, it says that the 4mm Dart Castings cats may be suitable for 3mm, so perhaps they would be worth looking at for 3.5mm. I know that they were mentioned as 'fat cats' a few posts above.

Dart castings do them in OO . You can use them as fat cat's :jester:

Or just Maine ######. 

Edit - the spelling nanny will not accept Maine C o o n - which is a perfectly good breed of very large, though not necessarily fat, cat !

Edited by olivegreen

• 2 weeks later...

Or just Maine ######. 

Edit - the spelling nanny will not accept Maine C o o n - which is a perfectly good breed of very large, though not necessarily fat, cat !

I've just measured up my Dart Castings cats (Felix Pendonis) and they are a shade over 12mm from nose to tail - which is the scale length of my real life Maine Cxxn at 4mm/ft.  So a bit overscale for your standard British mog even in 00!  You would have to have a colony of Stewies (the record length Maine cat) if using them in H0.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A candidate for 3D moulding - just scan a moggie or two in different poses  and away you go! I have personal experience of MRI and ultrasound scanning - but not of the modelling bit.

Britains metal farm animals used to include a cat in a basket with three or four kittens. The kittens could be about right for smaller scale cats, but I'll bet that they were the first things to go missing. Better look out at collectables fairs!

Edited by phil_sutters

Or just Maine ######. 

I guess these days the line in the theme song to the '60's Daniel Boon TV show that mentions  his hat gives it a much more sinister meaning.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1

Back to the OP's original question, Springside do a packet of cats and dogs, 2 of each for £4.45.  I have a packet and have measured the cats to be about 8mm nose to tail, about 2ft 3in in H0, so should be suitable.  Only problem is that the cats are in the typical arched back and tail up pose threatening to do the dogs in!