The National Festival of Railway Modelling 2017

BRMExhibitions

• RMweb Gold

You mean there are still folk who don't subscribe?

Chris

Chris I don't and wont.  :onthequiet:

Mr Foren, please report to the headmaster before posting please.

The ANTB naughty stool for you Chrisy boy.  :punish:   :jester:

Spent all day there today.

Fantastic exhibition as always (and had a nice cooked lunch!).

Great layouts and good variety of traders.

Well done organisers, exhibitors and Showgound staff.  Plus a special thanks to Market Deeping and St Neots club stewards.

Really enjoyed it.

I saw no evidence of cake. Is that because I left it too late? Crumbs!

2017-10-14 11.56.04.jpg

Today's only slice of cake was an excellent carrot and walnut from Mrs Colin Snowdon.

Loads of good and interesting chat though. Andy and I managed some filming and I built over half of a 16mm scale train. Good day.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the show and good to meet many other RM webbers. My first time seeing Copenhagen Fields and was very impressed, good range of trade which managed to relieve Alan and I of a fair bit of cash. We had a great evening Saturday night chatting with And Y and Phil P and had a very enjoyable weekend. Hopefully we will return in a few years time with the next layout.

• Like 1

Certainly a busy weekend over in Cake Box corner. Loads of chat (not much cake though!) with people interested in a wide variety of topics. It's great fun to be able to talk to readers and potential readers for a couple of days. 

Anyway, I did manage to get some modelling done through a determined effort. The "Peterborough Flyer" took to the tracks about half three on Sunday.

Peterborough Flyer.jpg

For those interested, it's an IP Engineering train set.

One thing that amazed and even pleased (well it was my idea) me a lot, was that when given the choice of a Hornby 0-4-0 or an A4 modeling bench, most people picked the later.  Does that mean a resurgence of model making or just that this looked like a really useful thing?

• Like 2

What a great show!

We didn't attend last year ( the only year in the last 10)

The show seemed invigorated, Saturday was very busy, and Sunday, whilst it felt like a slow start, was also surprisingly busy, with many people still present at 4pm - when often it is dead by 3.

I had lots of positive comments about the quality of the layouts and many saying they had only intended to stay for a couple of hours but stayed all day!

I give credit to the organisers and supporting clubs for doing a great job.

We had record takings, so thank you to everyone who stopped by our stand and purchased something, be it a £1.50 wagon or a £600 O Gauge peak!

I look forward to the 2018 show ( and hopefully an even bigger 32-foot stand of goodies!)

Edited by Trains4U
  • Like 3

It was a good show again, unfortunately I had to leave as my daughter was taken ill so only properly looked at half of it. my lad was especially taken by the layout 'operation overlord'.

I also managed to pick up a couple of Bachmann mk1 EMU translator coaches. now I just need a 466 to put between them!

We had a great time with Neely. Thank you to all those people who visited and especially for all those kind comments.

Also a big thank you to the organisers who made the whole experience easy and to whoever did the lunchtime ham and cheese butties each day.

For me an experience which made all those hours spent putting Neely together very worthwhile.

Edited by terrysoham
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Sorry I couldn’t make it as I pulled my back moving layouts at the clubroom and woke up Sunday morning in considerable pain.

I did however catch up with my reading of last months Model Railway Magazines including the article about Neely that was in October issue of BRM

Pleased it all went well for all concerned.

Happy Modelling

Eltel

The show was an improvement on last year In my opinion and I thought very well attended. There was an excellent display of  layouts and a good trader base along with interesting demos. I thought the "Round table" sessions were really good and  encouraged the people taking part to acquire useful skills to help their modelling. This idea does everything the old lectures didn't with less stress on the group leader.

The atmosphere was particularly good among exhibitors and public with everyone seeming happy and to cap it all I managed to buy a motor fitted O2 and  gate stock set from the ever wonderful Kernow.

CAT

A quick note of thanks from me on behalf of the team to the exhibitors (and it really was a good line-up this year), the traders (some I know had excellent weekends) and the visitors. It was certainly busy and warm on Saturday morning with many families and youngsters (which we are more used to seeing on Sundays); the afternoon was quieter, Sunday got off to a slow start in the cold and mist but quickly picked up late morning and it stayed busy and interesting until the end.

Phil and I had a lot of fun getting out and talking to various people on film which I'm sure you will see more of in due course.

Thank you all!

• RMweb Premium

I don't know if it has been reported here yet but I have seen a post elsewhere that Copenhagen Fields had a case of their wagons and some coaches nicked at some point?

I don't know if it has been reported here yet but I have seen a post elsewhere that Copenhagen Fields had a case of their wagons and some coaches nicked at some point?

Apparently they were stolen as the layout was being unloaded from the van at Keen House (MRC HQ) on the Sunday evening. Details here;

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/127206-theft-of-rolling-stock-built-by-bill-blackburn/

If anyone has any information then please contact Tim directly.

Andy

Edited by 2mm Andy