Galactic Models, Derby

andyram

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I was in Derby City Centre on Thursday afternoon and noticed that Galactic Models has closed. This shop, in a The Strand Arcade, did not stock a massive amount of model railway stick with only limited locos and rolling stock. However it did carry Woodland Scenics and the Peco track range.

To be honest I don't know how most of the businesses survive in that end of the city . Not to sound like a moaning Derby Telegraph reader but the worst thing that ever happened to Derby is that shopping center , I can remember when the Sadler Gate area was one of the busiest parts of the city now its a virtual ghost town !

A shame the shop has closed though , it was always a nice friendly place to visit and seemed to have a thriving gaming community and while the railway stock was never comprehensive , the owner was more than happy to order stuff in if asked.

The problem with 'that end' of Derby is there is no free parking available. TTC for example have free on-street parking outside, that end of Derby has nothing unless you fancy walking a mile or so.

The only shop I used in that area was 'Baked' on The Strand - worth a visit if anyone likes chocolate brownies, but again it's an expensive outing just to get parked, so dont get chance to visit much these days.

TTC may have free parking, but does it always guarantee a warm and friendly welcome? Poyntons newsagents now stock Hornby products including Airfix, Humbrol and Scalectrix (all at RRP). It also has some LGB G scale sets.

• Like 1

The problem with 'that end' of Derby is there is no free parking available. TTC for example have free on-street parking outside, that end of Derby has nothing unless you fancy walking a mile or so.

The only shop I used in that area was 'Baked' on The Strand - worth a visit if anyone likes chocolate brownies, but again it's an expensive outing just to get parked, so dont get chance to visit much these days.

And Baked has gone as well!

And Baked has gone as well!

Really? When.

Can't say I'm too surprised to be honest. I did think just under £10 for 3 slices of cake to be a bit on the expensive side. Such a shame was going to go over tomorrow. Saves me the trip anyway.

Really? When.

Can't say I'm too surprised to be honest. I did think just under £10 for 3 slices of cake to be a bit on the expensive side. Such a shame was going to go over tomorrow. Saves me the trip anyway.

Notice in the window middle of May stating that because of health issues they had closed and thanking all their customers. Now has a To Let sign in the window