A card locomotive kit

Lovely....Wonder if that could be motorised.....?

Forget motorising it - live steam it!!! :P (does beg the question of what would happen first - mushy card or a pile of ash!)

Kidding aside, that's one impressive card model there!

The builder/poster, must have the patience of a Saint. Just taking and posting the photos would have taxed me to beyond my limit, without actually building it.

I would so like to see the model in the flesh, so to speak. It sure looks truly astounding in the pictures.

Thanks for the link, I really enjoyed looking at the thread.

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know the thickness of card used for these kits? In other links they are described as "paper" models, but that may be a translation issue. If it really is paper, it is all the more amazing. The web site refers to both paper and card:

MODELIK is a professional publisher of paper models. We have been in business since 1990 - previously as CARDPLAST s.c (1990) and MODELCARD s.c.

regards,

Martin.

Very, very good indeed!

It all reminds me of when i lived in France (20+ years ago!) and my French modelling Friend, Daniel and his wife took me to an "Exposition" (exhibition!) in Bordeaux. Daniel introduced me to an old gent who had been a PoW where he scratchbuilt model locos from paper/card and so on - they were lovely, very well detailed and either 0 scale or gauge 1 (can't remember exactly).

He had permission from the guards to send these models back to his family - the only thing was, the axles were hollow and fellow prisoners from the resistance, could contact their relatives etc. via letters stuffed inside the axles. The guards never suspected a thing, even though they checked the rest of the loco out! Model railways was a winner again!

Cheers!

John E.

Very, very good indeed!

It all reminds me of when i lived in France (20+ years ago!) and my French modelling Friend, Daniel and his wife took me to an "Exposition" (exhibition!) in Bordeaux. Daniel introduced me to an old gent who had been a PoW where he scratchbuilt model locos from paper/card and so on - they were lovely, very well detailed and either 0 scale or gauge 1 (can't remember exactly).

He had permission from the guards to send these models back to his family - the only thing was, the axles were hollow and fellow prisoners from the resistance, could contact their relatives etc. via letters stuffed inside the axles. The guards never suspected a thing, even though they checked the rest of the loco out! Model railways was a winner again!

Cheers!

John E.

Hah! That's such a great story!!! That is just truly wonderful.

• RMweb Gold

They also sell laser cut accessories 'In the models books there are elements which need to be glued to additional card paper. The elements of the laser-cut kits are precisely cut out from a special thick card paper. They are ready to construct only by pushing them out of the paper frame. In this set there are: frames.'

These are possibly the card backings on which to glue the paper components.

I can't work out which laser cut kits you need for which paper products.

Archived