Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Is it me?

Chubber

This morning in Hobbycraft [i know, but free parking instead of Multi-storey nightmare...]buying Humbrol Acrylic I struggled to choose a colour with the pots all mixed up. As it was, I've come home with gloss instead of satin...
At the checkout I asked why they no longer had free Humbrol colour charts to take away...

" 'Cos they are on-line now...."

" But that means I've got to use expensive printer ink to have one as a reference..."

"Oh yeah..."

"and beside, each printer prints a slightly different colour..."

"yeah, I suppose, yeah, no, but, but you could save ink by printing it out in black and white...."

I still don't know if she was extracting the bladder-water!

Doug

• Like 4

It sounds like it could be the same person who operates a tattoo parlour in my home town, a hand written card in the window reads  " Ears pierced while U weight"  .... Bless

Guy.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It sounds like it could be the same person who operates a tattoo parlour in my home town, a hand written card in the window reads  " Ears pierced while U weight"  .... Bless

Guy.

I hope they just stick to doing pictorial tattoos.

• RMweb Premium

Yeah but, no but....... it wasn't Matt Lucas/ Vicky Pollard was it?

As someone who worked in a Hobbycraft store for 9 years, in the model shop, the stereotype doesn't just apply to shop assistants.

Me "Can I help you?"

Customer " I want some paint"

Me "What do you want it for?"

Customer " I want to paint something!"

Me "What are you painting, there are various types for various jobs"

Customer "Oh!"

Other similar scenerios are available.

Perhaps Basingstoke has more "Pollards" than other towns? :jester:

Rob

I wonder if tattooists carry insurance for this type of mistake, apart from calling your first born R E G E R T S, or at a stretch referring the inquisitive to Great Eastern Railway Train Services, what would you do?

Best

Guy

Guy.

So even if the spelling was correct, how else would you do it, leave your ear while you nip to the pub?

• Like 2

So even if the spelling was correct, how else would you do it, leave your ear while you nip to the pub?

Every time I pass by this place a mental image pops into my head of racks full of pairs of severed ears neatly pierced and waiting for collection.

Guy