Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Model railway Thieves Jailed for three years

Interesting it is Hattons who are the recipients of the award, so Mr Vahter got some of his collection back but has lost some of it too - what did he get?

Also given the assets of the perpetrators are just of £1000 will Hattons actually see anything of their award?

• RMweb Premium

The losers would be those who purchased the items from Hattons as the law says they must be returned to their rightful owner. The problem arises if as is likely some of those buyers are overseas there is little chance of any of those items being recovered.

The losers would be those who purchased the items from Hattons as the law says they must be returned to their rightful owner. The problem arises if as is likely some of those buyers are overseas there is little chance of any of those items being recovered.

I think Hattons would be the losers, hence the compensation order. Those who purchased items from Hattons and can be traced would need to return the items and be reimbursed by them, otherwise Hattons would be seen to be benefitting from the proceeds of crime. Again Hattons would need to return to the owner any unsold items. The problem area is where items were sold by Hattons for cash or possibly credit/debit cards where the buyer cannot be traced.

Brian

... Those who purchased items from Hattons and can be traced would need to return the items and be reimbursed by them, otherwise Hattons would be seen to be benefitting from the proceeds of crime...

That could be fun. When I buy second hand it's typically project fodder, breakers for spares, or stuff I am looking out for on behalf of expat muckers. Nearly every piece of s/h I have purchased from Hattons is now in a significantly different form, and what isn't is no longer in the UK.