Unusual coach, what was it ?

bike2steam

I was going thro' some old (pre digi) pics, and came across this one. Taken at Didcot in 1977, this coach was at the tail end of a special train hauled by Pendennis Castle just before her 'extended holiday' to Australia - so can anyone give me more info, I have an idea what it might be ( an ancient relic from the Tollesbury branch ?) , just need it confirmed. :sungum:

post-7336-0-42525400-1497794995.jpg

• RMweb Gold

DaveF has pictures of this coach as it spent some time at Market Overton.

Mike.

There are indeed some pictures in my thread:    http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85326-dave-fs-photos-ongoing-more-added-18th-june/

The best description (at least by me)  is in my post in the link given by asmay2002, in the top quote and also 2 posts above this one.

David.

• 5 months later...

I was going thro' some old (pre digi) pics, and came across this one. Taken at Didcot in 1977, this coach was at the tail end of a special train hauled by Pendennis Castle just before her 'extended holiday' to Australia - so can anyone give me more info, I have an idea what it might be ( an ancient relic from the Tollesbury branch ?) , just need it confirmed. :sungum:

attachicon.gifscan0004.jpg

It reminds me of Henrietta's coach.