STATION SOUND EFFECT

I had a brief look on the internet and there is quite a selection of sites offering fre downloads.  I Googled free railway statioin sound effects, limiting the search to the UK and there were 10 pages of results.  It is worth listening to some of them to see if there is anything to suit you.  I liked this one but it may not be one for free download: http://sounds.bl.uk/Environment/Sound-effects/027M-1CD0126081X2-1700V0

Edited by HLT 0109

I liked this one but it may not be one for free download: http://sounds.bl.uk/Environment/Sound-effects/027M-1CD0126081X2-1700V0

I also liked this - I'm looking for city station sounds in  steam days but I found nothing better than this. My only complaint is that there seemed to me to be too many guards' whistles - or is my memory playing tricks?

Ian

In somewhere like a terminus on a summer Saturday, especially with a long curving platform you could get several porters (???) helping the guard ensure that the doors were all closed and whistling to ensure that the guard knew that that section of the train was ready to go. 

Stewart 

I can find Triang Scalelectrix on Ebay but not Station sounds

So the search for slamming doors goes on

I have a copy of this somewhere but no idea where! Not sure it was titled Station Sounds - it was a generic "railway background noise" type of recording, Possibly if you Google Triang collectibles it may be there, I seem to recall a website that lists all Tring items?

Stewart

I have a copy of this somewhere but no idea where! Not sure it was titled Station Sounds - it was a generic "railway background noise" type of recording, Possibly if you Google Triang collectibles it may be there, I seem to recall a website that lists all Tring items?

Stewart

Update - found the disc!

Triang Railways, Railway Rhythm. 

(quote) Authentic sound recordings of steam (side 1 ) and diesel (side 2) trains in action.

Must have been published around 1962? At this moment I'm rebuilding the desktop PC so I can't even scan the sleeve, let alone play it.

Stewart

Stewart

Thanks Stewart 

Is there anything on the sleeve that sounds like the scene that Phil described?

I am trying to find it for my friend who has 00 steam locos fitted with sound and steam.

The next project is to fit a speaker near the station and trigger the sound of luggage and doors slamming then the loco sound would generate a guards whistle and train pulling away

Most of the recordings I have found todate include the train sound.

All the best

• RMweb Premium

A completely different source is sound files for train simulator programs. Several routes for MSTS have station sound files and there are others available to download.

The problem with all such sound effects is that they quickly get repetitive - ok for the passing punter at a show but torture for the operators by the end of the day, especially if they include announcements.

Jonathan

Thanks Stewart 

Is there anything on the sleeve that sounds like the scene that Phil described?

I am trying to find it for my friend who has 00 steam locos fitted with sound and steam.

The next project is to fit a speaker near the station and trigger the sound of luggage and doors slamming then the loco sound would generate a guards whistle and train pulling away

Most of the recordings I have found todate include the train sound.

All the best

I can't listen to mine at the moment, but googled it. Try this link - you can listen to it (and dare I say it, save it if it is what you want?)

http://www.45cat.com/record/record-76

Stewart