1. 1. I would be interested in a 2-car 175, Arriva

2. 2. I would be interested in a 2-car 175, First

3. 3. I would be interested in a 3-car 175, Arriva

4. 4. I would be interested in a 3-car 175, First

5. 5. I would be interested in a 5-car 180, First Great Western

6. 6. I would be interested in a 5-car 180, First Hull Trains

7. 7. I would be interested in a 5-car 180, Grand Central

Hi Joseph,

I strongly support this venture and would be happy to place a deposit up front.  I have voted 2+ on both 2 and 3 car Arriva 175s.

Having lived neear Llanelli throughout the Arriva franchise I have travelled frequently on 175s - across south Wales and through the borders to Manchester.  Though not 'good lookers', they are a reasonable vehicle and it is more a reflection on how things are changing than on their design that they are unlikely to make their quarter-century.  Comprising around 20% of ATW's DMU fleet, since 2004, they are disproportionately prominent in a number of areas.

I have decided to model a representative ATW scene - not exactly sure what yet (except that I might bite the P4 bullet) - and to my surprise discovered that 175s were the elephant AWOL from the room!  So I was very pleased to find this poll.

Starting my railway interest in the late 50s with a Triang 'Princess Elizabeth', I surely need to reconfigure my brain before fixing track to board.  But one of the delights of Wales is that, HST/IET and south coast freight excepted, most trains are 'little', even the standard gauge ones.  So more scope for effective ue of space without sacrificing realism. 

Really hope this goes ahead.

Best wishes.