Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Hornby SR 'Maunsell' Cattle Wagon Lettering

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Can any one help with positioning of the lettering/numbers on a BR Maunsell cattle wagon I'm re-finishing in SR livery?

I guess the sides would be lettered up similar to the so called Bullied SR version available but where would the numbers be positioned?

Livery wise either pre-war or post-war livery information would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

I believe Hornby are now planning this version but I'd already started mine.....

Edited by 46444

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Can any one help with positioning of the lettering/numbers on a BR Maunsell cattle wagon I'm re-finishing SR livery?

I guess the sides would be lettered up similar to the so called Bullied SR version available but where would the numbers be positioned?

Livery wise either pre-war or post-war livery information would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

I believe Hornby are now planning this version but I'd already started mine.....

Hi Mark

Large S on the left double plank, about 5/8ths of the way towards the ends, i.e. well clear of the diagonal iron. Large R similarly on the right. Numbers on the ends, 6 planks up on the left. Wagon plate on solebar to the right of W iron. These are my interpretations of drawings and photos in OPC's Southern Wagons V4. Not sure about liveries, I'm afraid. HTH!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mark

Large S on the left double plank, about 5/8ths of the way towards the ends, i.e. well clear of the diagonal iron. Large R similarly on the right. Numbers on the ends, 6 planks up on the left. Wagon plate on solebar to the right of W iron. These are my interpretations of drawings and photos in OPC's Southern Wagons V4. Not sure about liveries, I'm afraid. HTH!

Brilliant Ian.

That's just what I was looking for. It will be nice to have the pre-war livery as a contrast to the later version Hornby have already done.

Thanks.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Livery would be SR goods brown. As above for lettering.

Thanks as well Peter. 

The wagon has been resprayed with Tamiya 'Hull Red' believe it or not and now awaits it's HMRS decals.

I'll do a blog entry soon(ish).

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1