Tyseley based Class 101 DMU's

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I recently purchase a Graham Farish Class 101 DMU in BR Blue and I was hoping it would be a Leeds based example to run on my forth coming S&C layout.  I noticed that they are numbered M50325, M59118 and M50307 but I've discovered that they were allocated to Tyseley (TS) but not sure when.  Can anyone shed any light on their workings and how far they travelled?

If they only worked in the West Midlands area, did any similar sets work at Neville Hill (NL) or Newton Heath (NH) and possibly travelled over the S&C?

Julian Sprott

I recently purchase a Graham Farish Class 101 DMU in BR Blue and I was hoping it would be a Leeds based example to run on my forth coming S&C layout.  I noticed that they are numbered M50325, M59118 and M50307 but I've discovered that they were allocated to Tyseley (TS) but not sure when.  Can anyone shed any light on their workings and how far they travelled?

If they only worked in the West Midlands area, did any similar sets work at Neville Hill (NL) or Newton Heath (NH) and possibly travelled over the S&C?

Julian Sprott

The Met Cam triples were Tyseley staples before the Cross City line was inaugurated in the late seventies and the route went over to Class 116 suburban units with doors at every bay.

• Like 1

Roger Harris has them at Tyseley (renumbered 4/83) then:

53325 - CH 12/83, NH 11/5/86 CF 10/5/87 (cancelled) CH 29/11/87 CF 14/5/89 wdn 21/9/89

53307 - CH 3/85, NH 11/5/86  CH 29/11/87 wdn 5/5/89

50307 (55307) was refurbished 7/81 and 50325 (53325) was refurbished 5/83 which would probably have been when they were painted blue/grey

I don't yet have the volume that includes non-driving trailers, must get it ordered.

Edited by giz

• RMweb Gold

http://www.railcar.co.uk/ 

The bogcart lovers favourite website for pictures and some resource info.

Hope this helps

Craig

PS ..... The model is N-gauge can you honestly see the numbers anyway from a normal viewing distance, I know I couldn't  :blind:

The link didn't work, which was a shame.  I apply the 3ft rule when modelling and like you, if I can't notice it at over 3ft, I don't worry about it.  I have the Graham Farish sound Class 108 which I know worked over the S&C as that particular set was based at KM; but I was hoping that a NL based Class 101 might have worked over the line at some point.

Julian Sprott

• Like 1