390010 new livery

Speaking of overwhelming greys, is the totally grey Class 153 seen around the South West a kind of 'go anywhere' livery or just undercoat for GWR Green I wonder?

The white 153 livery was applied in readiness for redeployment of Class 153s away from GWR. In theory, if it's painted green it's staying with GWR.

Conversely, the white IETs being built for GWR will be vinyled in GWR green, eventually. The Class 802s are arriving painted green already from the factory. Something to do with procurement and ownership of the fleet I believe.

• RMweb Gold

,Iirc the guy who styled the pendo for virgin consciously tried to evoke the A4.

The Pendolino was designed by Paul Priestman of Priestman Goode design studios. I spoke to him when we were researching the Pendolino for the Revolution/Rapido model and he told me that his prime inspiration was classic British sports cars of the 1960s, in particular the E-type Jaguar.

There certainly seems to be something of the streamlined A4s and LMS Coronations in there too though...

Cheers

Ben A.

The Pendolino was designed by Paul Priestman of Priestman Goode design studios. I spoke to him when we were researching the Pendolino for the Revolution/Rapido model and he told me that his prime inspiration was classic British sports cars of the 1960s, in particular the E-type Jaguar.

There certainly seems to be something of the streamlined A4s and LMS Coronations in there too though...

Cheers

Ben A.

I've always thought that the pendolino would look great in LMS crimson with the gold stripes!