2mm finescale in BRM

Chris GH

I really admire Jerry's work so when we discussed a bit of an N gauge special issue I asked him if he fancied writing a piece to lead readers beyond that point and I think he delivered it I spades. A very nice piece.

• Like 2

Andy Y asked if I would do a little 'getting started in 2mm' piece a while back and I was glad to oblige. Bought a copy of the mag when I was down in Wadebridge at the weekend and am very pleased with the way it is presented.

Do you mean that Warners are so mean that they don't even send you a complimentary copy of the issue with your article in it?

Nice article, by the way.

• RMweb Gold

Do you mean that Warners are so mean that they don't even send you a complimentary copy of the issue with your article in it?

No not at all, the copy for any contributors is sent out separately,  and mine arrived yesterday for my review in the same magazine, so they are not mean, as per your insinuation, at all! 

• RMweb Gold

My copy hasn't arrived yet but I'm sure it will, Andy Y and BRM have always looked after me when I've written for them. I only went in the shop to look through the mag but ended up buying it as I was keen to read the rest. I thought it was a good issue with lots of N/2mm content. That said, I particularly liked the OO layout 'Little Muddle', beautiful scenic work.

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Most magazines are only too happy to send out complementary copies to those providing articles. However these will be handled differently. No doubt BRM has a print run of labels for subscribers. Complementary copies are probably handled manually and hence arrive a bit later. Even if you have a subscription they will normally still send a complementary copy for an article.

It is certainly easier to make a start in 2mfs these days. Good work on getting the message out Jerry.

Don