RMweb

Hazel Grove and District Model Railway Society 2017 Exhibition

pharrc20

HGDMRS 2017 Model Railway Exhibition Info

Following on from the 50th anniversary exhibition in 2016 Hazel Grove and District Model Railway Society are organising a Model Railway Exhibition at Hazel Grove Sports Centre in the grounds of Hazel Grove High School on Saturday 28th  and Sunday 29th October 2017.

There will be 22 model railway layouts in all the popular scales and gauges plus full trade support, including the local model shop SMTF located at Brookside Garden Centre.

A highlight will be the drive it yourself layout Hazeltown for the amusement of visitors of all ages.

There will also be several modelling demonstrations from expert modellers who are always willing to pass on skills and techniques.

The special private owner open wagon in 00 gauge commissioned to commemorate the societies 50th anniversary in the fictitious livery of Moseley and Neve, will be available for purchase during the exhibition at the price of £12.

The venue is wheelchair friendly and there is easy access for the disabled.

Refreshments will be available on both days, including full meals.

A free vintage bus will connect Hazel Grove Station with the exhibition venue on both days.

Full Details:

Hazel Grove Sports Centre (High School), Jacksons Lane, Hazel Grove SK7 5JX

Saturday 28th October 2017 - Opening times: 10am to 5pm

Sunday 29th October 2017 - Opening times: 10am to 4pm

Admission:      Adults: £6 accompanied children go free

Child: £3

A free drink is included in the entry fee.

Ample free parking on site or park at Hazel Grove Station courtesy of Northern Rail and use the vintage bus to get to the show.

Club website www.hgdmrs.org.uk

Paul Harrison on behalf of HGDMRS Exhibition Committee

• Like 1

HGDMRS 2017 Model Railway Exhibition Info

There will be 22 model railway layouts in all the popular scales and gauges plus full trade support, including the local model shop SMTF located at Brookside Garden Centre.

A local show that I often attend when I can .. but forgive me, I cant see on your website what layouts or traders will be there?

Coming soon once I have had the email confirming the final line up from the exhibition committee.. I will post a list of the exhibits and traders on here and the club website will hopefully be updated too.

Paul

A local show that I often attend when I can .. but forgive me, I cant see on your website what layouts or traders will be there?

Ok folks, here we are the final line up for the exhibition at the end of October - Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th

Layouts:

Purgatory Peak

Maristow

New Bryford

Pen-Y-Graig 

Arzl bei Imst Strassenbahn

Lymebrook Yard

Millfields Yard

Aston Magna

Canal Lane

Hindlow

Hollowbeck Shed

Blakecaster

Ecclesford Junction

Untermutten

Bonnington Goods

Seaport

Warmington

Chat Yard

Smethurst Junction

Hazeltown

Figgton

Traders:

Country Scenes & Trees

Country Park Models

The Locoshed, Whitefield

SMTF

Squires

Grosmont Bookshop

Crafty Hobbies

JP Model Railways

Booklaw/Santona Publications

Direct Train Spares

High Lane Model Railways 

Manchester Locomotive Society

North Western Models

HGDMRS Club shop

Modelling demonstrations

Railway Displays:

East Lancs Railway

Stephenson Locomotive Society

Manchester Model Railway Society Display Board

HG&DMRS Model Table

Film Show from Russell Oliver

HTH

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to the show with a relatively short notice booking with New Bryford.

Maybe only three more shows (subject to confirmation) before it retires. This is very likely to be it's last appearance in the North-West.

Cheers,

Mick

Just seen Pen-y-Craig at Wigan and its really reall worth taking the time to watch a full cycle on this one.  90% of visitors will walk past. 

I can see myself doing Hazel grove and Leeds in a weekend.  But can I do it in a day from Birmingham..... lets see.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump for our exhibition this weekend... setting up from noon onwards. I've some work to finish off on our club layout Smethurst Junction so that will keep me busy. Hope to see some members there this weekend.

Thanks Paul

This was a good exhibition with some nice varied layouts. There was plenty of trade support too, which given the dearth of model shops now, was useful for all those bits and pieces that keep the hobby alive. My only gripe was that the catering was very limited.

Thanks paulbb I will feed your comments back to the committee on Friday night when we have the post mortem. The catering is provided by the school canteen staff and apart from the exhibitors meals which the club contributes towards I believe they decide what to offer to the public but we do ask if it is possible to have a hot and cold food option along with snacks, cakes and h/c drinks. But I will ask all the same.

Many thanks Paul on behalf of HG&DMRS

This was a good exhibition with some nice varied layouts. There was plenty of trade support too, which given the dearth of model shops now, was useful for all those bits and pieces that keep the hobby alive. My only gripe was that the catering was very limited.

Thank-you sawyermodels for the kind comments I will ensure they are passed onto the committee on Friday at the post mortem meeting.

Regards Paul Harrison on behalf of HG&DMRS

Vistied this show as a spectator on Sunday with a friend. Superb show! We were both very impressed with the layouts and how friendly everyone was. Well lit hall, nice food, welcoming and friendly atmosphere.

Thanks paulbb I will feed your comments back to the committee on Friday night when we have the post mortem. The catering is provided by the school canteen staff and apart from the exhibitors meals which the club contributes towards I believe they decide what to offer to the public but we do ask if it is possible to have a hot and cold food option along with snacks, cakes and h/c drinks. But I will ask all the same.

Many thanks Paul on behalf of HG&DMRS

Thanks for that. Do you have a contact number or details for Country Scenes Model Railways? There seems to be only a Facebook page on the net and I dont have an account with FB. regards

Paul