The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

So it's alright then ...

spikey

Brains of older people are slow because they know lots of stuff.

People do not decline mentally with age, it just takes them longer to recall facts because they have so much information in their brains.

Scientists believe all this knowledge also makes them hard of hearing as it puts pressure on their inner ear.

Older people often go to another room to get something and when they get there, they stand there wondering what they came for.

This is NOT a memory problem.  It's just nature's way of making older people do more exercise.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Older people often go to another room

to get something and when they get there,

they stand there wondering what they came for.

A vicar goes to visit one of his parishioners.

After getting through the niceties,

he decides to get down to the serious stuff.

"Tell me my dear" he says,

"do you ever think about the hereafter".

"Oh yes vicar" she says, "all the time".

The vicar is delighted until the lady goes on,

" I go into the kitchen and think to myself,

what am I here after, I go upstairs and

I think, what am I here after".

Edited by rab
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

By that logic I have an old brain, as it takes me ages to remember things! I'm constantly using things like 'thingy',  'whotsit' and 'wossname' as I can't remember things/words.

I'd like to reassure you that it doesn't get worse, but I can't, because it does. :)

I'd like to reassure you that it doesn't get worse, but I can't, because it does. :)

It is definitely getting worse with each year. But then it is just part of the illness. If I don't record stuff I forget it entirely in effect. I am struggling to remember things from the weekend, which is annoying as I picked up some interesting ideas/points and they'd be helpful to remember (thus a blog post is being written so I don't forget any more!).

Older people often go to another room to get something and when they get there, they stand there wondering what they came for.

New scientist had an article last week  explaining why this happens, but I have forgotten what the reason was!

Being "old" and really wanting to be taken as being "young" is not so difficult. Start every statement with the word "so", continue on with "what I mean is" and throw in plenty of "like".

Any idiot could do it, so I think I just did, know what I mean, like?

What was the question again, please?