Sheerness Steel JXA

Is there drawings in the wagons book that covers 1960 onwards i think it is?

Alteratively there might be drawings in older DEMU UPDate magazines.

I have used the drawings for the early Sheerness Steel wagon from the DEMU magazine , but have not got the issue for the later ones , there are drawings in a recent book 'Railway Wagon Plans ' by John Fox I think ,will have to check the book out at some of the shows .

I have used the drawings for the early Sheerness Steel wagon from the DEMU magazine , but have not got the issue for the later ones , there are drawings in a recent book 'Railway Wagon Plans ' by John Fox I think ,will have to check the book out at some of the shows .

Most issues are available for members to download from the wiki as PDFs.

Hi Baz,

Here's two I've made, they're probably the same types as you're going to build.

The first is JXA30xx series from a Wild Boar 3d print, it sits on temporary bogies (Gloucester mkIV's I think)

post-7557-0-81968600-1507204958.jpg

The second is a homemade polyurethane cast from a plasticard master, the dims taken from that 'new' wagon drawing book from Ian Allan publishing.

post-7557-0-56896000-1507205076.jpg

At some point the Barclays blue paint will get a serious coat of rust and grime, transfers, buffers, 3-link etc.

Let us know how you get on and there's plenty of scrap wagons to model besides the Cambrian/Bachmann offering  :yes:

I built the BVA's by the way, again they're not finished.

regards

Rich.

• Like 3

Will have to become a member , something I've been meaning to do for a while now, thanks for the information

No problem. If you do rejoin, feel free to contact me and we can discuss featuring your model making of the scrap wagons or other suitable items. I'm always looking for content for Update.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi Baz

that's great weathering. i didn't know they had white solebars?

Did you use Railtech transfers?

hello rich , yet to paint the solebars , may use VTG blue paint that i have , yes they are railtech transfers , will start on the other version with full length body at some time , so many other projects to be started and finished. Ive had some commission work to weather these O gauge JXA and POA /SSA foe Paul Rolley who doing them as a resin casting

post-19557-0-33174900-1530724562_thumb.jpg

post-19557-0-42167700-1530724578_thumb.jpg

post-19557-0-36793000-1530724609_thumb.jpg

Regards Baz

post-19557-0-21472600-1530724622_thumb.jpg