FARKHAM IS SOLD

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

EDIT - LAYOUT NOW SOLD

I suppose it's a bit late to start a Layout Topic about our well known Club layout, Farkham, especially as the layout is to be retired and is now for sale.

There are two exhibitions left where you can see Farkham, at Mickleover this weekend and at the NEC in November.

Full details are given below - please use the email address quoted for any contact with those dealing with the sale.

post-18-0-01677500-1507278422_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

Farkhem is all set up and ready for its last show in the East Midlands - then the NEC and after that - well who knows - it would make a great home layout for someone who had lots of room, an exhibition layout for a group of friends or perhaps a club layout. We'll know the answer in February as you have until 31st January to commit your Christmas money to buying the layout . . . . . . . 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Farkhem is all set up and ready for its last show in the East Midlands - then the NEC and after that - well who knows - it would make a great home layout for someone who had lots of room, an exhibition layout for a group of friends or perhaps a club layout. We'll know the answer in February as you have until 31st January to commit your Christmas money to buying the layout . . . . . . . 

Well, that's 50p of my christmas money accounted for!

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

Well, that's 50p of my christmas money accounted for!

Mike.

That's very generous of you - life must be cheap in Spain for you to be able to afford so much . . . . . although we were hoping for a few more noughts on the end of that figure.

Actually we have already had one serious enquiry - but no numbers mentioned yet and the person enquiring has to report back to others before they can decide if they want to make a formal offer.

Come back in February to get the answer.

• 1 month later...

I like the layout name. Reminded me, and I assume the name here is also intentional, of one of the more outrageous escape attempts of WW2. A RNVR officer, David James, escaped from a naval prisoner of war camp and travelled with papers purporting for him to be an officer of the Bulgarian Navy (then in the axis camp). His reckoning was in those days you were unlikely to meet a police officer who spoke any Bulgarian.

Why this off thread diversion? His papers stated him to be I Bagerov. Pronounce slowly with a slight upper class English drawl...

Sadly he was caught but did later successfully escape.

David

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Pleased to say that the layout has a new home with the transaction being completed at the end of this week. However it's up to the new owner to make any public announcement.

There won't be a replacement for the time being as those involved have personal projects they are working on and we are saving the cash to rebuild our clubrooms - we can now afford a big shed but need a lot more cash for what we have planned . . . . . which is why we have the Limited Edition of 37114 coming from Bachmann - unfortunately delayed now until June.

Thanks to everyone for their interest in both the layout and the loco.