Hornby Sentinel convertion to P4

I have two Hornby Sentinels, one has been converted to P4 by using Ultrascale wheels the other, for now, remains in OO.

I would like to convert the outstanding one to P4 but Ultrascale wheels are unavailable to do this.

What are my options?

Regards

Edited by PenrithBeacon

Waiting for Ultrascale to reach the magic 20 would seem to be the only option at present. I don't know how adaptable AGW wheels might be.

I'm sure if you contact Ultrascale to see how near they are to the quantity for another batch - I think they've done two already, mine were in the first batch - and order two sets you'll have no problem selling on the spare set.

I think someone did the 'obvious' conversion using Alan Gibson coach wheels but it involved shaving the inside of the sideframes, whereas the Ultrascale version uses a narrower tyre - almost P87 - to get in without shaving.

So there's the clue - have a look at the P87 wheel suppliers and see if you can find something there. I've used those supplied by Andy Reichert in the USA for a few jobs and they are of very good quality. Other suppliers are available. But chances are the best option pricewise will be Ultrascale.