UK suppliers of tortoise point motors?

Hi members

does anyone have a good experience to share with me regarding good supply and service of tortoise point motors from UK suppliers?

I ask this because I need 20 such motors (bulk buy) and want to compare USA supply expereince with UK supply. 

If anyone has comment on getting such motors and from whom,  I would love to hear it.

regards Andy R

(Hawkinsfield Junction layout topic)

• RMweb Premium

Both CoastalDCC and Digitrains stock these and will give you excellent service.  There are also some pre-owned ones on ebay that (assuming they work) offer a considerable saving (prices seem to have gone up quite a lot since I bought mine some years ago).

DT

• RMweb Gold

I purchased 58 from C&L, it was a couple of years ago under the previous owner but worth checking with the new owner Phil.

I emailed several suppliers asking for a quote on the 58 motors and C&L came back with a discounted price if I purchased as one lot. The others emailed offered a small amount off, but no where near the same as C&L.

• RMweb Premium

I've just looked on C&L's website.  Their prices for Tortoise motors (even singly) seem significantly cheaper than elsewhere.  (I wasn't aware that C&L were UK distributors)

DT