Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Wallets, cheque books and credit cards at the ready ladies and gentleman

jetmorgan

Just seen on the BBC news website. So check your bank balance and make sure you have enough saved...failing that warn your bank manager that he may have a heart attack coming when he sees how much money you've spent!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41933997

I can only hope that these stay in the public domain such as the NRM or alike for all to enjoy.

Failing that please, please, please....if they have to go into a private collection.... may it be that of Pete Waterman or another worthy champion of our railway heritage.

Heaven forbid though that they should get snapped up by 'someone wiv money' whose only reason for buying them is 'cos they might be worf summat and cos they match my interior designers feng shui like'.

If there really is a father crimbo... maybe...just maybe.... a deal can be done between the seller and the NRM so that they don't have to go to auction.

(I'd love to buy them but I'm still waiting to win the euro millions to have enough to buy that sandwich from the APT to donate to the NRM)

Wouldn't it be ironic though if someone could secure EU funding from johnny foreigner to save them before we leave.. after all they owe us for saving them in '45.

Sorry Brussels me old sprout, but Messrs Mulder and Skulley keep saying 'The truth is out there'.

I'd even be nice to Donald Trump if he bought them for us....... well initially anyway.

Yours Aye,

Giz.

By the way this is 'Fake News ' right?  :read:

Well, ever so slight hype, in that a lot of those stations remain open despite or because of Dr B. The round SR ones would have been replaced with ‘hotdogs’ in the 50s/60s in most cases, I think.

They do net money, though. I bought a 16mm/ft live steam loco with a sign from a very boring suburban station that ‘came my way’ early in my working life, when the signs were being swapped for ‘corporate image’ ones.

Edited by Nearholmer

Just  noticed that on the front page it says we have over 35,500 members on this forum site. Brilliant!!!

If we all donate ten bob... (that's 50p for all you TOPs blue diesels..... and roughly half a guinea for all you pre-nationalisation lot.... and two turnips and a mangle wurzle for those of us down 'ere in the West Country), we could afford to buy them ourselves and donate them to be displayed in the BRM.

(Sorry Andy Y .... my mistake.... I meant to put NRM but the B and the N are next to each other on the keyboard). :mosking:

Those of you who do the modern stuff can get a loan from 'The Bank of Mum and Dad'......... and yes we will accept Euro's (for another 2 yrs anyway).

Perhaps as its part of our heritage..... the 'English Heritage' ( bit secular that title don't you think) could make a donation too, after all we are all British regardless of still having strong allegencies to 'the big 4' and 'privateers' aaaargh! my hearty. :friends:

Failing that I could ask 'The Wicked Witch of The West Country' to curse em with 'The Black Spot' for eternal damnation and misery............. She did it to me when she uttered those heinous words......' I DO'. :laugh:

Yours Aye,

Giz 

• RMweb Gold

Being a cynic, I suspect that such a gift may well get the NRM  to throw up their hands in horror and say :

'Not more bl**dy station signs.'

Those of you who have traipsed around the stores at the NRM have probably noticed they have a small fleet of 3.5" gauge Bullied pacifics, all donated on the demise of their owners.

I expect they have other small fleets of Black fives, Counties and Heilan Lassies as well.

I suppose they are unable to dispose of these gifts, although the variable build qualities means they will never be displayed, so they just gather dust in the stores.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This sentence made me smile

"the late collector's wife had "no idea" her husband owned so many signs."

I'm sure the same would be said by my wife if my various model railway items were bundled together post-mortem... 'How many locos...?'

Cheers,

Keith