Hornby Advent Calender 2017

Hroth

Over the past few years, Hornby have offered a seasonal "Advent Calender" of offers and competitions, generating interest and repeat viewings of the Hornby website.

This year it seems conspicuous by its absence! Perhaps someone at Hornby Towers forgot to link it in to the web page or is this the continuance of the "Less is Less" marketing philosophy that became apparent at Warley?

Such retrenchment is a worrying sign!

• RMweb Premium

And it is interesting to note that the Engine Shed page on RMweb has currently disappeared to page 2 of the Hornby thread .... because there had been no trickle of news to keep us all interested. Rather sad, as they'd developed Engine Shed into a marvellous vehicle to interact with us, and to keep us interested in Hornby products.

John S

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have to say I wasn't a great fan of the advent calendar either, but I note Rails are running a Christmas Advent Calendar. Perhaps a sign of the times - another sign of the disrupters powering ahead?

The first day's offering is the DJ Models J94 reduced from £95.50 to only £64.50. Astonishing!

John S

• RMweb Premium

I have to say I wasn't a great fan of the advent calendar either, but I note Rails are running a Christmas Advent Calendar. Perhaps a sign of the times - another sign of the disrupters powering ahead?

The first day's offering is the DJ Models J94 reduced from £95.50 to only £64.50. Astonishing!

John S

And they are now back up to their previous price of £69.50. So only a modest additional discount offered in the advent promotion. Still, that’s better than nothing at all!

Phil.