WAG. A new home..

two tone green

• RMweb Gold

Bit of everything for Barry Ten. GWR from pre-grouping to post-ww2; BR from just after nationalisation up to sectorisation and privatisation. S&D, pre and post-nationalisation. Southern. Some LMS, and a mere soupcon of LNER. And US, and French... err...basically anything that goes along on rails is fine by me and probably worth modelling!

Bit of everything for Barry Ten. GWR from pre-grouping to post-ww2; BR from just after nationalisation up to sectorisation and privatisation. S&D, pre and post-nationalisation. Southern. Some LMS, and a mere soupcon of LNER. And US, and French... err...basically anything that goes along on rails is fine by me and probably worth modelling!

woah barry :O that sounds like quite a collection u got there ;) mines post-privatisation B) usually i'd say 1995 onwards but my more recently purchased stock are current i.e 2009/10 :) For example a dynamic lines HST and XC turbostar

my inspiration for buying these was no doubt standing at Cardiff Central and watching them every weekend B)

hey magic monkey

cardiff center is a great place to watch trains and get inspiration

think that where may love pacers come from going from there up and downs the valleys

now also got arrvia 150 n 57 too lol:)

most of freight is of the types you pass though south wales too i.e steel,coal etc

have temped to get a fgw hst and XC 1700 too

any one up for a 175 model too? lol

rob

hey magic monkey

cardiff center is a great place to watch trains and get inspiration

think that where may love pacers come from going from there up and downs the valleys

now also got arrvia 150 n 57 too lol:)

most of freight is of the types you pass though south wales too i.e steel,coal etc

have temped to get a fgw hst and XC 1700 too

any one up for a 175 model too? lol

rob

FGW HST is a great model and worth the money. XC 170 is good but becomes costly if u use DCC, mine cost me over 250 quid for the loco itself equipped with a sound chip plus the price of fitment so not cheap. But of course u dont have to have sound on it. :)

I too have the Arriva 150. Admittedly not really a fan of the things in real life but seeing as i ride on them nearly everyday it was a must have for my welsh layout. Not got around to weathering it as yet though.

Would really love a FGW local lines livery 158 in 3-car formation but sadly Bachmann have not made one yet. I must admit i'm a big 158 fan B)

i would like to model the top'n'tailed 67's that run from cardiff-paington but just as i go to buy one Hornby discontinue the EWS one :rolleyes: typical

hey all

is anyone going to the bristol model railway exhibition ?

i going on the saturday morning it would be nice to meet some of u :)

Hi Rob

There's about 7 or 8 of us coming up from Pembrokeshire on Saturday morning, looking to get there around 10.30/11.00

I think there is only myself and one other that are on RMWeb, but we are all quite 'normal'.

:-)

hey mikeyk

thanks for replying sorry i couldnt reply n meet u as forgot to check on here before going .d'oh . it was a ok show this year and i pick up a few bit ( more of them on my layout pages ) what did u guys think of it ?

rob

Hi Rob

No problem!

Personally I didn't think it was as good as last year and I do think it has gone down a bit in recent years, especially as regards catering and trade stands. Not sure what the rest thought of it to be honest, think we were all a bit too tired to discuss that much on the way back actually! I dare say it will be discussed at the next club meeting on Thursday.

I did get a few bargains, but I didn't really go for anything in particular, really just wanted to see some good layouts, but only saw three I really was taken with.

I doubt very much if I will go again unless there is a decent line-up of layouts of interest to me. That's not to say the layouts on show were poor, they weren't, just that most were not of interest to me personally.

Thought the Berrybridge layout was excellent, shows what can be done in a small space using off the shelf stuff and a bit of imagination, also found the guy demonstrating building cottages in Gauge 1 very friendly and happy to show exactly how he did things. Not my scale, but some excellent techniques and results.

• 3 weeks later...

Another evening get together is provisionally planned for the Cardiff area 'WAGGERS' this coming Thursday, 27th. May at 'The Plough' Merthyr Road, Whitchurch starting between 7.30 - 8.00pm.

All are welcome, the more the merrier.

Anyone who hasn't joined us before, and is interested, drop me a PM

Brian R

• 1 year later...

hello just found you welcome from gods own town TENBY 30 years playing trains back up loft here we go again new layout based around steel works/wagon repair works i like wagons sad but true

Nothing wrong with liking wagons Martin (having a main interest in freight rolling stock myself).

Look forward to seeing some of you layout on here hopefully. Based around a steelworks you say?... Interesting, it seems to be a popular growing subject. I know two friends of mine both fellow modellers and RM webbers who are building steelworks based layouts as well as myself.

Cheers

Lets get Telford out of the way which will allow all the purchases to be smuggled in and sort of distributed around the railway room as if they have been there for ages and we can then move towards a get together.

Either you come norff or I go souff. Gosh, south of the river, down Tenby way.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Martin,

How is life south of the river. Telford has come and gone so may be we should think about a meet up soon.

Track laying for the new O gauge St. Davids is moving forward with all the points in place and motors fitted with 75% wired up and tested. Also got some track powered up and occupancy detectors & track circuiting wired in so able to test things against the track plan in RR&Co along with some route settings.

So things are coming on but got a few weekends away now but should be back far west 23rd September.

Keep in touch.

TTG

Archived